lighting options | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss lighting options in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
i have a house starting eventually, pftt!! there is nearly 40 spotlight in this house. i took the lady round samples last night and she thinks they look crap and i couldnt help saying well so many downlights is crap and then putting them on dimmers is even worse and i didnt quote for this.

so now the lighting is up in the air, i also said i told builder about 75% of lighting should be energy efficent, now she is in a fizzel, wacky woooo.

can she get a grant towards energy lighting? if anyone knows would be great.

if you as the spark were installing jcc or halers would your price go up as working with more exspensive fittings.

would a 400W dimmer handle 500W of halogens. as these dimmers seem the biggest around.

ta thx

I think the only way you're going to get out of this one without going hungry is to tell the client that they have (n) amount allocated per fixture, not including lamp, within your price. What they spend it on is up to them, but beyond that point is an extra. At the same time, find the hungriest looking wholesaler that you can and plead poverty to get the maximum discount.

Next time: Do your homework first!!!

Carbon trust loans only apply to businesses not domestic :(. There are 3 'manufacturers of the 'module' based downlights Halers (Which I think is Robus), JCC and Aurora. I think they all pretty much have a similar product with a similar warranty period, you have to fill in the paper work and send it in to get the extended warranty.

LED lamps are cheaper and can move with the improvements in the market, LED lamps tend to be out of date within 3-6 months as the technology moves on as fast as PC's.

Remember that most LEDs use a reduced load on dimmers usually between 20-50% down rating. So your 400W dimmer is only 80-200W depending on which type you use etc.

Reply to lighting options in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net