Line vs Wago DIN rail through-connectors | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Line vs Wago DIN rail through-connectors in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

kingeri

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Need to get my act together and order a mass of DIN rail connectors for an upcoming job moving 87 CUs in sheltered housing. Also got strict orders to keep it economical! Going for an enclosure with DIN rail. Just trying to decide whether to go with the Wago or Line ones. Any advice?

Also, how wide are these connectors? Just trying to work out how long the DIN rails will need to be, and hence what size enclosures to get. If I have 6 circuits, two of which are rings, then that's gonna be 12 (4x3) + 12 (2x6) = 24 connectors, correct?

:)

Edit: (Assuming I can't common the Earths together in the enclosure: which would cause problems for testing at the CU).

Be aware that the cpc connectors might have a connection to the DIN rail, which might give problems.

I won't be using those dedicated CPC connectors that ground on to the DIN rail. Why would I go to the trouble and expense of having seperate CPC through connectors on a DIN rail just to have them all joined together? I will just use the same connector as for the L&N. But thanks for the heads up!

I've never used wago or line terminals and didn't realise earth terminals were available that didn't common through the rail. Usually use weidmuller, entrelec etc when panel building, I will have to check in future as I usually rely on the commoning function :D

I did this last year and used this box:
https://www.************/shop/rail-...ail-accessories/dre-5-din-rail-enclosure.html
supplied by Wagobox along with the Wago DIN rail terminals, mostly the 2002 series.

See post number 298 of this thread:
http://www.electriciansforums.net/electrical-forum-general-electrical-forum/42274-%2A%2Ashow-us-your-installs-%2A%2A.html

Edit: Replace the stars with wagobox dot com

More cost-effective options may be available, but it suited me at the time.

Thanks for that, I remember seeing that in the past but couldn't find it. Was a very neat job, hope mine look somewhere near! Did Wago supply the box fully configured to your spec? Can you remember roughly how much it was? :)

Thanks for that, I remember seeing that in the past but couldn't find it. Was a very neat job, hope mine look somewhere near! Did Wago supply the box fully configured to your spec? Can you remember roughly how much it was? :)

No, all separate bits. Plus, I bought quite a few bits that I didn't end up using because I wasn't quite sure exactly how I'd configure it until I did the job.

If I was doing a lot of these, I'd buy enough bits to do one and install it. Then, if the other jobs are very similar, go and get a proper quote for the full quantity. Judging by the size and internal features, I recon the box was this one:
Gewiss GW44209 Enclosure with Plain Lid | eBay
so if you can cut your own DIN rail to length and fix it to the box, you'll probably make a decent saving there for a start (unless Wagobox give you a good price for quantity).

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Reply to Line vs Wago DIN rail through-connectors in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net