Lo Bay Lighting Problems | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Lo Bay Lighting Problems in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

riotmaster

Wonder if anyone can give me a clue...

Relamped a dance studio with CDM-T lamps, (or HCI-T powerballs as Osram call them) 70W GU12's and only 4 of the 15 have ignited...

The voltage was 266 or very similar at each fitting, but surely they would show some sort of attempt to light?

I brought one of the "broken" fittings back to our workshop, where the supply is 255, and it worked fine.

Could it simply be that the supply is too great for the fittings/lamps?

Thanks in advance chaps

thanks ross,

Just as an update, I found that as the lamps were blowing, the ignitors would keep trying and trying repeatedly to start (ignite) the lamps, and eventually burn themselves out. So I've had to change all the ignitors, but problem solved. Lesson learned.

Reply to Lo Bay Lighting Problems in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I want to operate 3 lighting set up using metal halide lamps for studio works or cinematic projects in the future. as of now i have got two...
Replies
Views
R
21st Feb 2014 Today I had one of the weirdest faults I’ve ever come across. My conclusion to some may sound bizarre but from what I can see...
Replies
Views
Robospark
R
E
In addition to my concurrent post regarding large farm install, have to concentrate right now on lighting scheme for the near to completion dairy...
Replies
Views
electricAl
E
E
Hey DS, Just had a second look a second look at your link, I didn’t know that there’s 2 Pikehalls in Derbyshire!
Replies
Views
Knobhead
K

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks