lock off devices | Page 6 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss lock off devices in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

davek

Hi all
I am in the need of lock of device for mu part p assessment I have see one but kewtech which is a combination lock.
I don't want to buy a big kit just yet.
any preferences etc.
regards
Dave

all cables are grey in the dark, but at least you could tell red from black. not so with these stupid foreign colours. i say dump the eu if we ever get the referendum and get back to £.s.p., lbs, inches, and red/yellow/blue/black.

Well, at least with the new harmonised colours and working in the dark you got a one in three chance of at least getting one of your terminations right :wink_smile:

it's just a con to get out of supplying less goods for more of our money. instead of a pint, beer bottles are now 500ml. 13% less. i think the rot started with fuel going to litres instead of gallons. you think 2p/litre ain't a lot, but that's 9 pence/gallon. bloody hell, just under 2 shillings. for that 2 shillings in 1960, you could get a loaf, a bottle of milk and still have enough change for a packet of sweets.

we had power tools in the 60's. just came with a plug and flex attached. you young uns with cordless tools have it easy ( till the batteries die ) . LOL. and a good wage was £20/week, but a pint was 1/9d. new car, mini was $450. a jag about £1000.

Tel: I ain't that young (heading into mid 30s), I CLEARLY remember my uncle (a joiner) coming in with a yankee screwdriver when I was a sprog for example.......
I still have a corded non hammer drill somewhere that someone gave me as a spare....might be worth meggering though to see how well the insulation is holding up and do some other checks to make sure it isn't class 0.....(early 70s at the newest, could even be a lot older....)

Tel: I used to be able to work in metric and imperial or as the septics say...."standard"....(shame they can't get the size of a gallon right)
Now its just....easier to work in metric, rather than trying to do fractions

Linear measurement in Metric / Imperial is easy .. it's just something like 2 metres and four and seven eighths innit.

In my engineering days, we worked in Imperial ( that's yards, feet & inches ) and we used Decimal because that's what micrometers, other measuring tools and the indexing dials on the machines are / were graduated in.

One day in '73 I think it was, the Government ordered all to convert to Metric. Can you imagine the hassle and the expense of that? ALL the micrometers in every engineering works throughout the land would have to be replace and ALL the index dials on every machine would too.

EVERY drawing of the products we manufactured would have to be re-drawn on Metric sized drawing paper and dimensioned in Metric units.

Our boss at the time made one concession to this by buying just one 25mm to 50mm Metric micrometer which he - and we - all called "The 1 to 2 inch Metric micrometer"!

All the other five engineering companies I worked at after that sent drawings printed on Metric sized paper and dimensioned in Metric units down to the shop floor where we the tradesmen doing the job would convert the metric dimensions back to Imperial - which they had been in the first place - and wrote them in pencil on the nice new Metric drawing before we could start doing the job on the Imperial graduated machines.

And THAT was called progress. WHY can't the shirts, suits and ties who understand nothing leave things alone to the people who DO understand them ??

it's just a con to get out of supplying less goods for more of our money. instead of a pint, beer bottles are now 500ml. 13% less. i think the rot started with fuel going to litres instead of gallons. you think 2p/litre ain't a lot, but that's 9 pence/gallon. bloody hell, just under 2 shillings. for that 2 shillings in 1960, you could get a loaf, a bottle of milk and still have enough change for a packet of sweets.

When Decimalisation of the currency came in, the price of a bar of chocolate doubled almost overnight.

Cadbury's Dairy Milk - 6d in old money ( 2.5p in "new" money ) suddenly rose to 5p New Money ( one shilling in "Old" money - or 2x 6d )

As for petrol that was something like three shillings ( 15p ) a gallon before Decimalisation.

It was the birth of "Rip-off Britain" and we've all been running on a treadmill ever since. No wonder we called it Dismalisation!

all cables are grey in the dark, but at least you could tell red from black. not so with these stupid foreign colours. i say dump the eu if we ever get the referendum and get back to £.s.p., lbs, inches, and red/yellow/blue/black.

It's £ . s . d Tel ....... see me after class !!!

£sd - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Us school kids used to chant;

Punds, shullins an pence

Wor teacher's got nee sense

She smacked me bum

Wi' a borrel o' Rum

Punds shullins an'pence.

Not quite sure what your point is here, I will need to lock off when being assessed, or will be failed from the start
If it's for DI assessment then I agree. The assessing body will need some kind of get out clause if you fry yourself - 'We checked he had a padlock to lock the circuit off, hence the big tick as being 'competent' and you can't blame us for passing him' attitude :)

It's £ . s . d Tel ....... see me after class !!!

£sd - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Us school kids used to chant;

Punds, shullins an pence

Wor teacher's got nee sense

She smacked me bum

Wi' a borrel o' Rum

Punds shullins an'pence.

realised after should have been "d". no excuse apart from was on 4th pint ( 500mL, to be pedantic).

When Decimalisation of the currency came in, the price of a bar of chocolate doubled almost overnight.

Cadbury's Dairy Milk - 6d in old money ( 2.5p in "new" money ) suddenly rose to 5p New Money ( one shilling in "Old" money - or 2x 6d )

As for petrol that was something like three shillings ( 15p ) a gallon before Decimalisation.

It was the birth of "Rip-off Britain" and we've all been running on a treadmill ever since. No wonder we called it Dismalisation!

And I can remember when I couldn't fit a whole Wagon Wheel in my mouth, or 3 Jammie Dodgers! ;)

oh yes the have.....no penny sweet trays (10 for 1p) no blackjacks, no mojo`s, no fruit salads.....in schools its now an ethic board, you go down the road to get 5 No 6 from the local ethic shop

Reply to lock off devices in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net