Looking for installer or just electrician | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Looking for installer or just electrician in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
We have sourced a pv kit direct from a manufacturer and we are looking for an installer-only in the West Suffolk / East Cambs / South Norfolk area. We know a good roofer so we would also be interested in a qualified electrician. The manufacturer will certify the installation to MCS.Can anyone recommend anyone?ThanksTT

You need MCS certified kit.
You need MCS certified installer.

If the manufacturer has certified the kit it will be listed on the MCS website.

The manufacturer can only certify the install in one of 2 ways:
- they are MCS certified as installers themselves and they subcontract the roofer an electrician themselves or use their own labour; or
- they are not certified as installers so subcontract the job to an MCS certified installer.

Those do not seem likely so you probably need a MCS certified installer

Regards
Bruce

Paddytt.....

My company is based in Norfolk. I would be happy to talk to you but not to gain work of installing only. MCS requires much more than a pair of hands to bolt things on with and I think your possible plan is going to back fire in such a way your system will not qualify for the FITs.

Via my signature you will find our website and contact details.

All the best.

We have sourced a pv kit direct from a manufacturer and we are looking for an installer-only in the West Suffolk / East Cambs / South Norfolk area. We know a good roofer so we would also be interested in a qualified electrician. The manufacturer will certify the installation to MCS.Can anyone recommend anyone?ThanksTT

This is NOT possible !!! they say anything to sell a product

Reply to Looking for installer or just electrician in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net