MCB price | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss MCB price in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Just been to Edmundsons today, was just wondering whether or not we're being shafted on prices, paid £8.09 for 16A type C SP Schneider Acti 9 MCB, what prices are you guys paying? Just wondering.

Cheers

Aint far off if your not a regular buyer of Schneider... CEF can usually undercut most if you ask as they buy abroad and bring them in themselves but not much difference on the small mcb's but can be on the mccb's and power boards...

You can always buy the cheap crap your more used to that im guessing as you're questioning this.

Schneider is our prefered supplier we cant use anything else, we use so much of the stuff, its just we use our own procurement to buy it we get right from them at prices cheaper than you can get it more likely. This was an emergency job so i had to go get one right away. (Genset battery charger MCB had gone faulty and operators were getting twitchy if they didnt have back up power) So yeah we don't use cheap crap... I just wondered as i feel Edmundsons when we have to use them shaft us on the price!

Schneider is our prefered supplier we cant use anything else, we use so much of the stuff, its just we use our own procurement to buy it we get right from them at prices cheaper than you can get it more likely. This was an emergency job so i had to go get one right away. (Genset battery charger MCB had gone faulty and operators were getting twitchy if they didnt have back up power) So yeah we don't use cheap crap... I just wondered as i feel Edmundsons when we have to use them shaft us on the price!

I know what your saying with the prices.

I got given a few schneider t-shirts etc cause we do a lot of work for them.

Last edited:
Like any wholesaler they will tailor the discount if you purchase this range alot.. and like any wholesaler if you get one off purchases don't expect to be showered with discount ... If as you say you are a heavy user of Schneider and get it at good discount elsewhere as you say then your tripping point is not having spare stock in your van .... I must carry about 50+ mcb's of varying ranges types and ratings.

We get our gear straight from Schneider, but yeah its procurements problem really, we use Edmundsons for emergency stuff and im pretty sure the company has just a basic blanket discount on most products, to be fair you are right nearly qualified and new van means i dont have as much gear on the van, plus i have to carry all my other trade gear (ICA) But need to carry more mcbs alongside with my other electrical control gear!

Yep the price is right...

[ElectriciansForums.net] MCB price

Do you really have to be so offensive to people dont go round presuming

What's offensive about this?.... a slight assumption maybe that the OP kindly corrected but in no way meant in malice just light humour....

Can i assume its lost in translation or you've had bad experiences on the forum and a bit over enthusiastic lets say of any small comments, Im sure if the OP had taken offense he could have clicked the report option at the bottom or countered my post to express so ...tbh a smiley face was missed out but was never any intention to offend. PS im sure WaterSparky can speak for himself.

If you find this offensive ...well your in for a big shock in the real world, you don't even require thick skin for my comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did have to take it with pinch of salt, but i found it funny when DW assumed we used "cheap rubbish" or w/e! Heh! Pretty much anything Schneider apart from a few things like VSDs etc!

What VSD do you use ... Im partial to Invertek...for a good all rounder with a budget version available too but find the IP66 range spot on for my kind of environments.

Well, due to procurement.. aha! For our low end drives we use CT drives Control techniques cheap Chinese rubbish but they do for an standard drive! Anything more process critical and larger rating we use ABB ACS range usually 550 and 800s, which imo are excellent drives.

Reply to MCB price in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net