MCS Accredited - Can you sign off other companies work? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss MCS Accredited - Can you sign off other companies work? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

eskimo39

Just wondered if anyone can help. I recently installed some PV roof tiles (solar century) at a large property my boss was working on. I have connected them using supplied pre-terminated leads and gone down into attic to a DC isolator. However I never had chance to install inverter as the location for it to be installed was not secure at the time.
For one reason and another the building job took longer to complete and when we found out about the new FITs date we contacted the main contractor to push forward making the garage secure so we can go and finalise the install.

The problem we now have is that me and my boss both went to Eco Skies to do the solar PV course and are both NICEIC registered, have working at heights etc, but having spoken to the NIC yesterday have been told that we cannot enroll on their scheme until early next year, missing the December deadline. (My boss didn't want to enroll until we finished out first install and we were under the impression we had until October 2012)

The question we have is can anyone come out, test and certificate the install (even though is was installed by us, and we can get the install finished before they come out) or do we need to remove the roof tiles, re-package and try to find somebody to come do a complete install for us now?

Finally is it is possible for someone to just come out and certificate the install, does anyone live in the M62 Leeds/Cleckheaton area and have time in their diary for us to book you in?

Thanks guys

Im in the exact same boat, cant get assesed in time, i desperate, ive got a lovely little old dear and ive told her she'll get her money back in no time, she also helped me out know i wasnt MCS , now im doing this to her i feel terrible a few people have let me down saying they would do it.

Area: Shropshire (Midlands)

PM me if you can help

Cheers
Grand

Last edited:
Same situation here as well: Install will be finished today but accreditation won't be for a few weeks yet by which time the deadline will be gone, more wasted money and I don't even get the benefit of the tarif on my own house.... gotta love the Government and their goal posts.

If anyone in the Norwich, Norfolk area can sign it off in time, please let me know, a large drink will be made available.

Cheers

Hi Guys,
I'm NAPIT registered,
part of the membership was an express joining section where they will push thru your membership (in 2 weeks for an assessment)
As you are already NICEIC I can't see that you would have an issue with membership, and as you are already qualified to carryout the works, you maybe able to Join NAPIT (one membership fee covers all classes of membership)
give them a bell on
0845 543 0330

Please note I am not MCS so I do not know the details for that kind of membership, but it is worth a phone call

Richard

Hi
can you guys let me know how you get on. I am about to install the PV panels to my house and need an MCS sparkie to do and sign off the works.....BH23 (bournemouth Dorset)
before the 12thd DECEMBER !!!!!!!!!!!!

if anyone can help 07747773268

manythanks

I very much doubt you will get any one to sign off somebody elses work, I have had 5 phonecalls in the last couple of days of lads in the same situation as yours, I have declined because
1. I dont have the time for my jobs before the deadline and
2. If I sign it off i may be liable in the future for somthing I didnt profit from

In my experiance when you try to help someone out it nearly always comes back to bite you on the arse

Good Luck though, The Goverment has properly turned us all over

Hi Dale

Many thanks for your reply.

I was wanting the sparkie to do all the connections and tests, i would be saving on the installation of the panels only.
it would have been a very nice earner that was all, as you said, due to the deadline mcs installers will be pretty busy.

I guessed it was worth a £1000 for i guess no more than a days work.....if i knew someone that could do it that is.

thanks again Dales

Martyn

Thanks for all the help guys. Managed to find a company who are coming out next Wednesday to commission. Cost £350 but worth every penny. Thanks again

hello,

i have just seen your post and i failed my mcs accreditation last week (non conformity ) but need an mcs person to help me finish 9 panel fit to my own property in saltford bristol so that i can get it submitted before 3 march deadline, i was hoping you might know someone

thanks

chris

Reply to MCS Accredited - Can you sign off other companies work? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net