Merlin/Square D 3ph fuse board problems... | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Merlin/Square D 3ph fuse board problems... in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sonor

Has anyone had a problem with the covers for these boards?

I've fitted a Merlin and the cover apertures, where the circuit breakers come through are about 2mm out. I had to put the cover on as the board was replacing a smaller board in a busy Restaurant.

But then, when fitting a Square D board the same thing!

DSCF0041 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

As you can see there is a gap and the cover is resting on the breakers on the both sides.

The Boards are Square D KQII and Merlin Gerin Isobar 4, which to all intents and purposes are the same board, but painted a different colour.

I will be contacting my wholesaler to see what gives.

Has anyone had a problem with the covers for these boards?

I've fitted a Merlin and the cover apertures, where the circuit breakers come through are about 2mm out. I had to put the cover on as the board was replacing a smaller board in a busy Restaurant.

But then, when fitting a Square D board the same thing!

DSCF0041 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

As you can see there is a gap and the cover is resting on the breakers on the both sides.

The Boards are Square D KQII and Merlin Gerin Isobar 4, which to all intents and purposes are the same board, but painted a different colour.

I will be contacting my wholesaler to see what gives.

Personally i have never had a problem with either.

Have had the same problem, just slightly out still probably within manufactures tolerances. hook one edge of the lip of the aperture on one side of the breakers and manhandle :)

Persuasion, gentle or otherwise makes no difference. I've fitted plenty of Merlins/Square D's before, just these two have caused problems.

Reply to Merlin/Square D 3ph fuse board problems... in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net