Microwave sensors hall way lights | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Microwave sensors hall way lights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
microwave sensors on lights are great, the only disadvantage is that they sense through doors meaning tenants activate the corridor light going to the toilet in the evening.

I managed to partially block the sensor with aluminium kitchen foil.. has anyone had similar issues?

microwave sensors on lights are great, the only disadvantage is that they sense through doors meaning tenants activate the corridor light going to the toilet in the evening.

I managed to partially block the sensor with aluminium kitchen foil.. has anyone had similar issues?
Does it not have an adjustable range, usually a set of dip switches or screw dial. If so reduce the range. If not replace with PIR.

Yeah I've had this myself on a contract i was running to replace some lighting in schools, put some LED bulkheads with integral MW sensors in a couple of small stores and they detected movement through the doors, even when turned as low as they would go. In the end I think the contractor bypassed the MW sensor and fitted a good old PIR.

Reply to Microwave sensors hall way lights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net