Mk consumer unit | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Mk consumer unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Has anyone recently bought a fully populated, 16 way consumer unit?
Bought one today and noticed the 6a mcb's were different, took it back to the whole salers who opened up 2 more that we're the same, anyone else had this?

[ElectriciansForums.net] Mk consumer unit

Them populated CUs are Chinese rubbish, absolute horrendous.

Looks like they just redesigned the MCBs a bit, as the model number is the same.

Think the only thing thats UK made are their switches and sockets

Hi all

had the same bout a month ago, raised the issue with the wholesalers and they contacted mk and said thats the new design and that the boards will be mixed untill all the old designs have gone.......wasnt too impressed.

regards
gary

Last time i used bg breakers you had to be very carefull not to overtighten them, otherwise the whole terminal came out from the top.....that was a couple of years ago though, they may be better now though.

regards
gary

Reply to Mk consumer unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net