Moulded Case Circuit Breakers | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Moulded Case Circuit Breakers in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Thanks for that, moose. If type c is fitted with an rcd pod to convert it to an RCBO, am I correct in saying that Table 41.3(b) isn't relevant re max Zs value of that circuit, so long as the RCD test proves satisfactory?

Point 1, an MCCB is not a MCB, and don't come in Type designated tripping curves..

Point 2, Any RCD protection on a TN system is classed as ''Additional'' protection, so therefore your primary ADS system should be in place and functionally conforming to the circuits requirement!!

RCD protective devices are not, cover-all get out of jail cards, to be used to cover up an inadequate ADS on new circuits...

That's the first time I've heard this. So Zs needs to comply with the disconnection times regardless of any RCD. Is there not the possibility that the rcd can be added because the Zs is too high for ADS?

Well why would you install a circuit, that didn't conform to the protective devices Zs requirements in the first place??

I'm sure that many here think it's perfectly legitimate, the problems come when the RCD fails to operate. You are literary putting all your trust on a not so reliable RCD component/element rather than as an addition to a solidly connected earthing system....

Reply to Moulded Case Circuit Breakers in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Given the apparent lack of earth, combined with no short circuit or over current protection, I'd contend that luck has been the sole factor...
Replies
Views
nicebutdim
N
  • Question
765KV GIS Circuit breaker without PIR is in service. In case of any problem in one of the pole, Can I replace the same with 765KV CB pole with...
Replies
Views
The Main Switch is the main switch for the installation. Supply Protective Device is the DNO device so probably NV.
Replies
Views
Ok, please be aware that I am a 'do-it-yourself-er,' so if this isn't the right place to be posting this thread, let me know where I should be...
Replies
Views
  • Question
pretty sure from memory they are indeed designed to work on both frequency's, Best check with Schneider but I think they will work on 60 HZ
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks