Moving a Consumer Unit | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Moving a Consumer Unit in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Piratepete

Hi Guys
If I move a domestic CU to a new position on an adjacent wall, what testing am I required to do?

The tails will be 0.5 metres longer, and each circuit will need to be disconnnected and then reconnected without any change to cable lengths.

Cheers
Pete :winkiss:

as a minimum, i would measure Ze, PFC, and Zs for each circuit, and global IR . obviously check/test the main bonding as well.

As above. If you change main tails/ main earth conductor, you are theoretically potentially changing the values in the tests Tel mentions.

Reply to Moving a Consumer Unit in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar threads

If two tariffs are sufficient, and you don't need too many ways, you can easily add an SPD kit to the Fusebox F2014DT dual tariff board. The only...
Replies
Views
This was posted this week, on topic ....... https://niceic.com/newsletter/omission-of-overload-protection/?dm_i=7G1W,7GCE,K4L2A,WHET,1
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back