multi meters | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss multi meters in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

paulzapper

Does anybody know which is the best all round multi meter for domestic testing. Looking at seaward at the moment, not sure!

use this for fault finding in preference to MFT. originally first supplied in 1979. i got it at a car boot for £2.

[ElectriciansForums.net] multi meters

use this for fault finding in preference to MFT. originally first supplied in 1979. i got it at a car boo

View attachment 26006
...Quality,Tel,Does it "talk" to you?....sometimes following the track of a needle is more helpful than watching the hesitant rambling changes of a digital scale,as if Ernie is picking a bond number...then again,i miss the speedo on a HA Viva...

Not that I use either that much, but my analogue MM gets used far more than the digital.

Blimby tel not seen one of those since i did a job for fred flintstone , yes i have a multimeter and its a tool that will become more common with the introduction of led's which are DC so checking voltages accurately from a transformer i use my multi meter also checking voltages on under 24 volt floor heating systems far easier and more acurate than a set of prods

Reply to multi meters in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Thank you to littlespark for clarifying my mumbo jumbo. Just to say that being on a dual tariff means you will typically pay more for electricity...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Some more information. I probably dont need 100 amps with a 1000v cable at the moment, but i want to replace like for like, and future proof it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You need to look for test equipment that is rated to at least CAT-III and 300V for typical domestic circuit testing, but ideally CAT-IV and 600V...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Nice product
Replies
Views
  • Question
Great, then I am a bit bemused why you posted your original question. You need to stop doing any work that you cannot properly test, safety is...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks