Multple LED Strips & Power Supplies off One WiFi Driver? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Multple LED Strips & Power Supplies off One WiFi Driver? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello. This is such a noob question, but I'm struggling with something that seems like it should be fairly straightforward. I have numerous 24v LED RGBW strips in several light coves around my house, with all the wires homerun in to a central closet. The total linear footage of strips requires multiple power supplies, which I have properly configured. I also have a wifi driver for each zone that I've been controlling with the Tuya app. The app previously allowed for linking multiple zones to have the same color, but apparently the devs got rid of that feature for some reason.

There has to be a more elegant solution to control multiple zones with just one wifi (app) controlled driver. I tried using just one of my Tuya drivers with the other zones amplified with this repeater: Amazon.com - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CRBGDDK?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_fed_asin_title
Unfortunately, the amplifier degrades the color, so that was a no go.

Bonus question, does anyone know of a driver that's supported directly with Apple Home, so I don't need some third party app?

Thanks so much!

As an Amazon Associate Electricians Forums may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.

Reply to Multple LED Strips & Power Supplies off One WiFi Driver? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Thanks little spark. Good point but the drivers I'm considering have a sync and communication between driver function. So (as long as it works)...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Please can I have some help with the following: I want to have some perimeter lighting in the ceiling which will be using the...
Replies
Views
Thanks heaps for the input. This seems to be the approach we are gravitating towards. We've already got a plan for the wiring, and our...
Replies
Views
no no it's not rgb. i am using 5630 solid cool white. 5630 solid red, and then 5630 blues. i want to dim each color separately. i am using them...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am installing Collingwood LED strip lights at home. I have 1 zone with just a 0.7M strip on it. Another zone with 4 lots of 5 core rune to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks