name of this connector ? | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss name of this connector ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

ktnwin

DIY
Reaction score
I like to buy the blue connector shown in the picture below to pigtail wire.
I do not know its name and could not find it at local Home Depot.
What is this type of connector called ?
[ElectriciansForums.net] name of this connector ?

They do indeed, Tel! 2,4,6 and 8 in push-fit...but space permitting, i like a lever, and try to leave a spare way for future use (not for "live" working, obviously...)

Clearly my arithmetic is faulty in places! Basically, Timbo is correct...why link a 2 and a 3 to get a 3? etc, or a 2 and a 2 to get a 2?. If there's room, use a 3 or a 5...?

Definitely scotchlocks. You put a wire in each end and push down the lever to lock the connection. Other names splice Connector or Plier Tap.

usually used in vehicles 12v or 24 V.
I accidentally found this connector at local Home Depot. Here is the ads. Its name is Tap Splice connector.
Can handle up to 300 Volts, great for adding pigtails. In typical usage, one wire is long and one wire is short. The connector connects the tip of the short one to the middle of the long one. So the long wire has a few (4 to 6) inches and is connected to whatever the target is.

[ElectriciansForums.net] name of this connector ?

I like to buy the blue connector shown in the picture below to pigtail wire.
I do not know its name and could not find it at local Home Depot.
What is this type of connector called ?
View attachment 63377
Looks like a quick splice connector.... wouldn't normally use them on mains wiring in our country, but I guess it's not impossible

I’ve found more recently working on vehicles that the blue scotch lock connectors can break easily where the plastic folds over. Maybe just cheap stock from my local Halfords, which has now closed down (if you’re interested, @streamer )

As others in the UK have said, it’s not something we find in domestic wiring here, but that may be down to the fact that less and less jobs are conduit and stranded core cabling.

Out of interest, is US wiring multicore stranded? We would use 7 strand... which I don’t think would work with scotchlocks. Vehicle wiring however is multi stranded flexible.

Reply to name of this connector ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net