napit assessment need help! | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss napit assessment need help! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

james king

sorry to keep goin on but this is the only way i can talk to people who are already in a scheme! need as much info as possible and wondered if u could share any info with me, eg question and what to expect:)

James unless you are crap at the job and the regs/theory etc which I am sure you are not
Neither Napit Nic elecsa etc are going to give you the elbow

Its been said by many people many times that they are not out to give you the spanish inquisition
They need your money and your membership to survive and to justify their existence

The Napit assessor will sit down with you and ask a few simple electrical questions to get an initial feel for your level of understanding
He will accept the cup of tea that you must not under any circumstances forget about (or you can kiss goodbye to approval there and then )

About an hour going through all your papaerwork and books/insurances then out to look at your job/jobs
You will be tested on your abilities to carry out the various tests and he will ask questions as you go along
If you stumble or are unsure he will probably extract the correct answers or procedures out of you

Back to the home/office for another chat and cup of tea and thats about it

No sooner you have passed and got into the swing of self assessment you will wonder where the year went and will be having another visit

James iv'e had a few assesment with NAPIT now, just make the coffee when he arrives... All questions he asked on my first assesment he had flagged uo in the electricians guide to the building regs. Ask him the odd question as it goes along its not a one way thing, they are there to help. You should have had a letter from them stating what paperwork they want to see........ Nothing to worry about !!!!

sorry to keep goin on but this is the only way i can talk to people who are already in a scheme! need as much info as possible and wondered if u could share any info with me, eg question and what to expect:)

Where R you James - i'm with napit and the assesor was brilliant!!

Hi
I'll have to decide who gonna join soon. I hesitate between Elecsa and Napit. Just wondering what job will be big enough to show NAPIT's assessor. Let say if I'll change consumer unit and add one new lighting circuit in my own flat, it will be satisfactory ?

thanks

Hi
I'll have to decide who gonna join soon. I hesitate between Elecsa and Napit. Just wondering what job will be big enough to show NAPIT's assessor. Let say if I'll change consumer unit and add one new lighting circuit in my own flat, it will be satisfactory ?

thanks

that should be enough work to show them to get on the full napit scheme.

Reply to napit assessment need help! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net