NAPIT - improvement action - current waste regulation | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss NAPIT - improvement action - current waste regulation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering if you could help with this matter. I had a Napit assesment recently and I have an improvement action "To provide evidence of compliance with the above standard"

Napit replied to me: "there is a from on the site to complete and send to us to state you comply with getting rid of waste in the correct manner" , however they do not know where I could find this form...

Did anyone do it before? Do you know where I could find any "ready" form to fill up ?

Many thanks.

I've no idea but cant you just say you dont remove stuff from site, anyway...

What's it got to do with NAPIT, at my assessment he arrived about 3 hours early, we talked none electrical stuff for a bit, I did a zs and RCD test on one circuit and then he left after less than an hour, oh, I did the quiz sheet thing as well. No silly questions about waste or anything as equally ridiculous as that.

I just find the whole Part P thing bizarre to be honest, I've just build a complete extension myself doing everything, digging out the footings, brick work, insulation, the roof, electrics, plumbing, plaster boarding, dry lining, tiling etc etc and not once have I had to sign a bit of paper or show anyone any qualifications. Yes there was a building inspector but he just has a cursory look round once in a while. Yet to wire a single socket right next to a consumer unit on a dedicated MCB I have to do years at college, join a scam site, have assessments every year, answer multitudes of questions, sign my life away and give a scammer a big wedge of cash.

Maybe I should just build extensions instead.

The second page of this thread might be of interest:

I'm not a NAPIT member, but had a look on their website and there's no obvious relevant templates, though they may be squirreled away for members access only.
I did find an ancient guidance document, which points out what auditors may ask, see below. Audits usually just sample a few topics, and it's the luck of the draw if this sort of thing crops up.
But these are legal requirements companies are supposed to comply with, and it seems reasonable to me that a sole trader should be aware of the law and be able to answer how it applies to them (if at all!)

NAPIT members code of practice apparently requires you to have a Disposal of Waste policy. You can probably find someone's policy on the interweb to help invent one. At worst, you could write out your answers to the questions in the 'Waste Disposal Practices' document below, and send it to NAPIT as your 'evidence of compliance'!

This is the NAPIT document from 2006:
[ElectriciansForums.net] NAPIT - improvement action - current waste regulation[ElectriciansForums.net] NAPIT - improvement action - current waste regulation

Last edited:

Reply to NAPIT - improvement action - current waste regulation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net