Need to change alarm panel without setting off the alarm | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Need to change alarm panel without setting off the alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

crispy fingers

Hi,
i need to change an optical xm alarm panel for an optima compact g4 panel, problem is the old panel has stopped working and the keypad is frozen, is there a way to stop the outside siren from going off without getting the ladders out.
If it's not possible then which wires in the outside box should i disconnect without me getting a belt from the on board battery.
thanks

I doubt you'll get that sort of info on an open forum, as it's basically 'how do I disable the alarm'. Probably better to post it in the alarms section of the forum.

Thanks for quick reply,
telectrix; reason i ask about the shock is that i changed the rechargable battery some years ago on an old system, mains was disconnected but i still managed to get a good belt from it.
imago: can't ask in the alarm section as it's private.

thanks

Thanks for quick reply,
telectrix; reason i ask about the shock is that i changed the rechargable battery some years ago on an old system, mains was disconnected but i still managed to get a good belt from it.
imago: can't ask in the alarm section as it's private.

thanks

the belt you received could have been from the strobe terminals.

Hi,
is there a way to stop the outside siren from going off ......If it's not possible then which wires in the outside box should i disconnect ......

I can only suggest you consult the diagrams of manuals you got with the alarm system.

Being an open forum and given that you're asking for info on how to disable a domestic alarm system and basically bypass the built-in tamper/siren facility I'm going to have to close this thread I'm afraid. It's not the kind of info other owners of similar alarms would appreciate being easily available.

Reply to Need to change alarm panel without setting off the alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net