new reqs | Page 13 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss new reqs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Farmelectrics

-
Arms
Reaction score
has anyone pre ordered the new books yet and weres the cheapest place to get them was tempted to order mine on amazon £130 for the reqs,on site guide, gn3 your thoughts chaps

Never been NICEIC commercially , only on their PV side for another company I helped out . But had just assumed it would be required .

there is nothing wrong with proving using some sort of evidence, that a person is very competent to inspect and test and be able to verify the results.

After all, the primary reason for an I&T is to prove that the installation is safe to use. That it has been installed using the correct equipment and accessories and if any future fault occurred any safety devices would operate in such a manner as to reduce the risk of injury or death.

This I feel is quite a responsibility and the person confirming the safety of the installation should be well aware of any faults and be able to recognise potential problems that may cause harm. This requires understanding of how the safety equipment operates and what is required for them to operate efficiently and correctly.

I agree David , But I would expect at least 2391 as the bench mark . Even then I would hope that a in depth understanding would be proved as well, to gain a QS position .
I know ECA made me work for it !

I agree David , But I would expect at least 2391 as the bench mark . Even then I would hope that a in depth understanding would be proved as well, to gain a QS position .
I know ECA made me work for it !

Yes and that bench mark was adopted then discarded, for what I believe was greed. Which of course is only my personal opinion.

Safety should always take presidency, but I'm afraid even in this day and age money makes the world go round. :(

2391 was introduced by the NICEIC for QSs or QMs but removed because too few were passing it. But it hasn't been required for a long, long time so I'm not sure why you are surprised about this?

They worked along side City & Guilds to produce the course/exams and like you say too few were passing it.

The membership would of really took a battering if they kept enforcing the requirement, that's why they move the goal posts to keep numbers on the registry.

I remember when they got so many thousands of DI packs ready thinking they were going to mop up, only to be told from the powers in Government they are not going down the Corgi (at the time but now Safe Gas) route and having only one registration body.

That's why all the other registration freeloaders got a shot at money for old rope the like of napit etc

For as long as I know. You even get a nice welcome to the ECA letter when you join the NIC.

As I understand it, there is a "deemed to satisfy" route to ECA membership whereby NICEIC membership is one of the options. There is another option for those who aren't on any of these schemes (as indeed there is an ECA Certification Scheme).

There are, however, turnover requirements for ECA membership.

Think if you join/sign-up with the IET you pay a Free and get future discounts on books etc..
my apprentice told me this, so it's probably complete ******** :)
yes you get a discount but it costs £150 ish for it.

i registered at first as an apprentice for £20 but then the renewal was over £100.

my stepdad gets the mags free from work and a lot of it is boring so it doesnt usually get opened

Reply to new reqs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net