New supply to new build | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss New supply to new build in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

steviethespark

Ok guys im wiring a house atm and was wondering if this set up met regulations ?i have a meter cubicle installed at the side of my garage were nie supply enters ,from there i have a set of 16mm double insulated tails feeding a set of iscos inside of garage located beside garage db ,from there i will install a 80ma time delayed trip feed from iscos using 16mm double insulated tails and 1 way incloseure ,the under ground cable i propose to use is 16mm split in 4inch sewer duct piped 30m to main house ,once entered the house will be installing 2 no 16 way hager db ,all circuits will be distributed between 4 x30ma 80a rcds with exception of smoke dection and alarm system ,the 16mm split may have to terminate into main 80a isolator and 2nd 16 way db will be fead from a 63 a mcb on same board ,hope this makes sense guys ?

what's your calculated load for the whole house, allowing for diversity? you may want to consider 25mm tails for a job that size.

just wondering what an iscos is when it's at home.

ISCO was WT Henley's original range of cast iron cutouts, service fuses and service connection boxes.
I think genuine Henley service connector blocks still have ISCO on the lids.

So basically just another name for henley blocks, Lucy blocks, mains blocks, service connector blocks etc by

I was covering the sub mains because the cable will be live from a very early stage and there will be quite a bit of digging around it for sewers ect at a later date

I was covering the sub mains because the cable will be live from a very early stage and there will be quite a bit of digging around it for sewers ect at a later date

It's a few years since I last worked on a new build house, but when I did they always completed that kind of ground works a lot earlier in the job than the point when we started livening up the circuits. We only had the temp supply board live at that time.

And if it's being buried then split con doesn't comply as it doesn't have a complete earthed metallic layer,

It's a few years since I last worked on a new build house, but when I did they always completed that kind of ground works a lot earlier in the job than the point when we started livening up the circuits. We only had the temp supply board live at that time.

And if it's being buried then split con doesn't comply as it doesn't have a complete earthed metallic layer,

U might want to check that because split does comply

Reply to New supply to new build in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net