ferg

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
I'm doing my usual nonsense by obsessing about something months in advance. :D
I'm due to change my van in January.
I have a VW Transporter that I am more than happy with but it's a lease and has to go.
Given the choice I'd just get another VW but it looks like the next Transporter is a Transit custom under another name.
Does anyone have the new Ford Transit Custom?
If so what are your thoughts?

I'm getting my new Transit on Monday. I can give you my first thoughts on it next week. 4 of the other guys with me have already had theirs. They seem impressed. I'm not sure if I like the digital dash though.

Well, first impression isn't good. The square steering wheel feels really awkward. The seating position may be okay if you are tall but bad for me (5' 5"). The seat is way too low and no height adjustment. The seat belt also has no height adjustment so rests on my neck. Both of these were in the basic model of the previous Transit. The doors have to be slammed quite hard to shut. The 'Lane departure' control seems way too aggressive. If you don't turn off the speed warning thing it'll nag you whenever you go over the limit. The fuel gauge is confusing (digital dash). The electric handbrake doesnt auto release. Okay, I'll probably get used to things but they seem to be using tech when it isn't needed. Even the back nearside door now uses a button and motor to open where the old one just had a handle. Once I've done a few more miles I'll see how I feel but at the moment would rather have my old van back

You could do with one of these, @Moley

th.jpeg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to New van in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net