Newbie question Loop test | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Newbie question Loop test in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

gravitate

I have tested 18 thermocouples for a loop test. 70% show 290 ohmes and 30% show 230 ohmes. Would this suggest they are different lengths? Also how do I find the resistance in ohmes/m?

If I knew one was 10m and the loop resistance was 230 ohmes what would be it in ohmes/m?

Many seasonal thanks from a power station in Libya :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have a copy of the on site guild? If so appendix 9 explains. If not tell us the csa, cooper or aluminum, temp in C and are the cables bunched and in pvc or thermosetting and we can help.

I have tested 18 thermocouples for a loop test. 70% show 290 ohmes and 30% show 230 ohmes. Would this suggest they are different lengths? Also how do I find the resistance in ohmes/m?

If I knew one was 10m and the loop resistance was 230 ohmes what would be it in ohmes/m?

Many seasonal thanks from a power station in Libya :)

I think you mean a continuity test, are you using the MIT 400 you mentioned the other day?

Every thermocouple that I've ever tested had a low Ohms reading of less than 1 Ohm

I think you mean a continuity test, are you using the MIT 400 you mentioned the other day?

Every thermocouple that I've ever tested had a low Ohms reading of less than 1 Ohm
Yes mate. It was actually 0.23Kilo ohmes. The reading I am looking for is no more than 17 ohmes/m.
But with a thermocouple do I consider the distance double because there are 2 wiresi it? Thats what I am confused about :)

Reply to Newbie question Loop test in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net