NH Upgrade to NM 3rd Amendment Compliant Replacement Lids | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss NH Upgrade to NM 3rd Amendment Compliant Replacement Lids in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All
Just spotted these Metal replacement covers for old plastic Wylex Consumer Units. I was just wondering what the forum's opinion is of them? I guess they're a bit of a fudge as you still have the plastic box frame behind it, but is it a total waste of time if you can't afford a new CU at the moment?

Eg. does it remove a possible c3 for a plastic consumer unit off an EICR?

I think they are just for the older metal consumer units that had a plastic visor, pretty sure I looked at them before to upgrade one I had fitted on an ongoing project before amd3 that didn't get finished til...well tbh it's still not finished!! Client wasn't interested...I figured ok well it was designed prior so not really an issue.

Hi All
Just spotted these Metal replacement covers for old plastic Wylex Consumer Units. I was just wondering what the forum's opinion is of them? I guess they're a bit of a fudge as you still have the plastic box frame behind it, but is it a total waste of time if you can't afford a new CU at the moment?

Eg. does it remove a possible c3 for a plastic consumer unit off an EICR?

Are you sure these aren't meant for the Wylex Metal Clad Boards with the plastic front cover? Because those do make the Consumer Unit compliant.

An Example is the Wylex NH 506 a Metal Clad CU but with a Plastic cover.

To answer your question no it won't remove the C3 because as you said the back box is still plastic.

Ah my mistake - apologies. I have something more or less like this wylex unit and the flappy plastic cover has got a broken pin so won't stay one - was just wondering if I might be able to replace the cover to tidy it up. Never mind! Thanks for the intel everyone.

Reply to NH Upgrade to NM 3rd Amendment Compliant Replacement Lids in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net