NICEIC Domestic Installer Assesment - advice? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss NICEIC Domestic Installer Assesment - advice? in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Got my first one in few weeks time....

Thought I had everything in place, but seen another spark out today and he reckons I need to show them a health and safety policy and complaints procedure?

Thought that was only for full niceic?

Thank u,

Sy

It does state that but having said that they were not bothered when I did mine they will however expect to see those next time round. PM me with your email address and I will send you a health and safety policy that you will have to amend as it was done for me .

Hope that helps

Chris

Hi, Can someone please advice how I can go about on producing a health and safety policy and complaints procedure.
I have the inspector coming in a couple of weeks for Domestic Installer Assesment.

Thanks

OK guys I'm just coming up for my first annual inspection this week. I didn't have a H&S policy or complaints procedure for my first assessment. The assessor mentioned it in passing and didn't ask any questions about it at all, just seemed to say 'it's worth thinking about'. It didn't go down on my form as a 'black mark', so I would be highly surprised if you get pulled up about it.

Having said that. I still don't have one and am a bit worried now!

I had my first annual inspection today ... all ok. Thanks Voltimax. I downloaded the Health and Safety policy from the NIC website last night. The Inspector was happy with that, and all i had to do was sign and date the thing (printed off). Also with the Complaints Procedure .... he was happy that I had printed off the download from NIC website. So ... download, print off, read, and sign, and you'll be fine Sythai. Best of luck.

Hi mate

all you need are
big red book
onsite guide
memorandum of the EAWR
approved document P

obviously copies of your insurances and quals when you pay the cash

thats it mate - I went OTT and got H and S policy for small businesses and test instrument accuracy sheets and complaints proceedures

I needed none of the extras, he didnt even check my test equpment was in cal

although I have to say he was very very thorough on the inspection, so look at the books and know your onions when it comes to testing

hope it helps

Lloyd

Hi mate

all you need are
big red book
onsite guide
memorandum of the EAWR
approved document P

obviously copies of your insurances and quals when you pay the cash

that'sit mate - I went OTT and got H and S policy for small businesses and test instrument accuracy sheets and complaints procedures

I needed none of the extras, he didn't even check my test equipment was in cal

Not all assessors are the same. My Assessor likes to see everything. He makes sure I'm doing and logging the calibration checks, makes sure I have H&S policy in place. So it's worth having EVERYTHING in place. If he wants to see it and you don't have it, you're going to feel more than a little foolish.
I have a ring binder folder with those plastic sleeves inside. In it I have all the extra things they want to see. Be like a scout, be prepared :cool:

i was just trying to get some help as its all new to me

It does state that but having said that they were not bothered when I did mine they will however expect to see those next time round. PM me with your email address and I will send you a health and safety policy that you will have to amend as it was done for me .

Hope that helps

Chris​

i was just trying to get some help as its all new to me

Hope that helps

Chris​

Eh?"".........

Reply to NICEIC Domestic Installer Assesment - advice? in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net