no earth to consumer unit? photos | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss no earth to consumer unit? photos in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

Notaclue

Hi all,

I posted a message a few weeks ago as an electrical report I'd had done on my house said there was no earth to the consumer unit. A couple of you asked for a photo to see exactly what the situation was. Hopefully this photo is ok! If anyone could help with this I'd be very grateful! Thank you

[ElectriciansForums.net] no earth to consumer unit? photos

Thanks everyone for your replies and discussion! As you can probably tell by my possibly irrelevant photo, my knowledge here is nil. Will try to get a better photo tomorrow and repost as a reply here.
It's just such an unusual sounding situation I'm wary of getting ripped off!
Thanks again

Looks like an easy £200 job to me lol. Easily fixed though! Ive seen this before too. The firm who installed a brand new CCU said they were not aloud to connect it to the link on the side of the cut out. But powered up the system and handed over the certifacte to the property company and it wasn't picked up for months. Idiots!

Looks like no earth to the service head as others have said but test should prove if their is a good earth we cant see in pic but would be strange if I just looked at this I would say no earth as well

Can we please keep the technicalities (and the arguments that it brings) out of this thread.

The OP is just after a professional opinion on their installation, although yes, clearer pictures will be required.

OP as above, if you post up your rough location, maybe one of our members will be able to drop in and have a look.

Sorry for the rubbish photo, hopefully this one should be better! I wasn't sure where the consumer unit actually was because, to me, it's like a fusebox. But the consumer unit in this photo is the white box at the rightmost point of the photo.
[ElectriciansForums.net] no earth to consumer unit? photos

Reply to no earth to consumer unit? photos in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net