NVQ3 with Delta training, help with photos please.... | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss NVQ3 with Delta training, help with photos please.... in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

timo1

-
Reaction score
Hi,

Just compiling my online folder through Delta training for my NVQ. I am happy with what I write for the examples, but can anyone help me with the amount of photos required? Do you have to literally have to have a photo showing you complete every aspect of every task? For example, "I disposed of waste thoughtfully" and take a picture of the skip? Getting a bid fed up with putting on my gloves and eye protection every half hour or so now ha ha. If anyone could just give me a bit of guidance that would be great. I contacted my tutor and he just replied all tasks must be photo evidenced. Thanks.

timo, I've currently completed 92% of my NVQ with Delta. On average I probably submit five or six photos per unit, I usually concentrate on the photos that back up the key criticals for a unit. I mostly take photos of me actually doing the work, though I have included a couple of me 'tidying the site' and 'placing tools safely in the van'. Photos like this though you can hold on to and use again for other units. Also make sure you're in the majority of the pictures, as they don't do site visits, they need to see evidence of you actually doing the work as opposed to the completed job, or just a pair of hands. I bought myself a mini tripod so I don't keep asking the mate to take pictures, that way you can take quite a lot without upsetting anyone.

Good luck with it, I've found Delta to be very helpful, and it's great once you get those site diarys back and watch your percentage complete go up!!

Upvote 0
Hi fellows

Interested in this but I am a bit lost here how do Delta know that you have done the work and you are competent without going to site to see you? Any one can take pictures

Upvote 0
MNc, Delta require you to have two years experience first, apparently then you don't need to complete the AM2 and they don't require site visits, and you have to be in the majority of the photos, I guess this could be anyone, but if you're taking all those pictures, they may as well be of yourself doing the work, unless you were going to copy someone elses portfolio, but wouldn't recommend it.

Upvote 0
Hi Kevin

I always thought that for a NVQ an assessment of your competance was made by a qualified assessor. How do delta do that and what is two years experience?

Upvote 0
Hi,

Just compiling my online folder through Delta training for my NVQ. I am happy with what I write for the examples, but can anyone help me with the amount of photos required? Do you have to literally have to have a photo showing you complete every aspect of every task? For example, "I disposed of waste thoughtfully" and take a picture of the skip? Getting a bid fed up with putting on my gloves and eye protection every half hour or so now ha ha. If anyone could just give me a bit of guidance that would be great. I contacted my tutor and he just replied all tasks must be photo evidenced. Thanks.
Quality mate!

Upvote 0
You are assigned an assessor when you begin your course. All site diarys are completed online, via the Onefile system, although I think there's an option to submit them on paper, and you can upload your pics and attach them to your submitted units. When the NVQ is completed you will need to have a witness testimony signed by a manager, supervisor, foreman or the like. In order to qualify for this, I was required to have completed my 2330 (or 2360), and have two years working as an electrician. One of the lads at work also wanted to do this, but they wouldn't let him as he has only just passed his 2330, so I assume, they require two years of experience after passing your 2330.

Give them a call if you need this clarified, I found them to be very helpful.

Upvote 0
I am also doing the 2356 with delta. Is the progress percentage total for one job, or is that the total for all three jobs that you have to show? I can't get mine above 40% and I am almost finished gathering evidence for the first job?!?!

Upvote 0
Overall Progress, is shown on Onefile if your using it, click on the 'Progress' icon, this is your completed percentage for the whole NVQ. Then each unit is broken down underneath it. Your percentage for each job will depend on how many units and key criticals you have included within it. Personally, I have so far compelted six site diarys to get my overall progress to 92%. It was too much to get my head around to do the whole NVQ in the minimum three jobs.

Upvote 0
Hi kevin, do you have to cover all of the units for each job? The jobs i do are mostly rewires therefore i will struggle to do 302 as there are no faults.

No, the most units I've covered in one job is four, I don't have the patience to do any more. I mostly do re-wires myself, although my boss has been good and passed me a few jobs so I can complete key criticals for SWA, steel conduit and the like. You can include section 302 in a re-wire, but I'd be careful, you wouldn't really want to write about rectifying a fault that was caused by your poor workmanship, won't look very good to the assessor. I included fault finding in a re-wire, but I was lucky, the mate I was working with didn't terminate a cpc properly and I had no R2 from the last light, had to trace it back to the bathroom light (so, wasn't my fault, I just found and rectified it)

Upvote 0
I've done my NVQ level 3 and now I got to do knowledge questions, most of the questions don't make sense, I know most of the answers but been told to do it a certain way. Anyone no or got a copy of the answer's?

Upvote 0
onmyway, I have been taking pictures of activities that support the po's I am completing. For instance, if the PO asks for safe isolation to be performed, such as in Unit 307, PO3, then I have attached two photos, one of me proving the DB is isolated by testing it with a voltage indicator, and another of me applying the lock off device with an attached 'Electrician at Work' warning sign, ensure that you're wearing the correct PPE as well. Sometimes the same picture can support a number of different PO's. For example, a picture of you 'wiring' an 'light fitting' 'outside' wearing the 'correct PPE' could possibly provide evidence for four PO's and/or key criticals, you just have to put in a bit of thought so you're not taking pictures all day instead of working! It's difficult to get your head around what they want at the start, but the more you do, and the more feedback you receive from your assessor, the easier it becomes.

K

Upvote 0
does any one have a old portfolio i could use as im doing one with VQ and am realy struggling with them to give me any help,just need something in black and white i can get a few tips from realy.been doing this course over a year and still on about 20%!!

Upvote 0

Reply to NVQ3 with Delta training, help with photos please.... in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Courses

This is the main Electrical Courses at ElectriciansForums.net. Find local recommended electricians courses. Avoid training "company" scams. Always go view the training centre before booking any electrical courses.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks