OLCI in Administration ??? | Page 6 | on ElectriciansForums
  • Thread starter Drexyn
  • Start date
  • Replies 148
  • Views 50K

Discuss OLCI in Administration ??? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Drexyn

I just received a letter today from a company called ERR, Engineering Real Results. They state that they are the administrators of OLCI and have accepted a transfer of my contract with them and i'm now bound to their terms and conditions.

I know nothing about this company as yet so i'm concerned about the remaining parts of my training i still have to complete as they have also made a point that i will be hearing from their finance department concerning future payments for my training. I paid OLCI in full so now this is very concerning.

Anyone spoken to these people or know what the script is?

Cheers

Trev

Hi, Got a letter from ERR saying i needed to pay an extra £500 to have an extra 6 months added to my course as i started the course c&g2357 over 2 years ago.
As I didnt want to lose my £6000 course witch i have about 3/4's completed i phoned up the number they gave me to pay the £500.
A woman answered saying OLCI then asked for a reference number which was my old student number and got my previous payment details then briefly explained why i need to pay an extra 500 to continue with my course so i went to pay with my credit card and she said she only accepted debit cards so I said i would call back when i get the money.
Has anyone else paid this, it all sounds a bit dodgy to me.

Upvote 0
It does sound dodgy, who is the awarding body for your NVQ3? If I were you I'd ring them for a bit of advice before I parted with any more cash to this mob. Given that you're 75% complete it might be possible to transfer it to another provider. I'd say it's your portfolio so they should release it to you, I'm an electrician though. Not a lawyer.

Upvote 0
.....so i went to pay with my credit card and she said she only accepted debit cards
This would immediately make me suspicious. With credit cards you can cancel or reverse a transaction but with a debit card it's basically the same as cash and you have less recourse to reverse the transaction later.

Upvote 0
This would immediately make me suspicious. With credit cards you can cancel or reverse a transaction but with a debit card it's basically the same as cash and you have less recourse to reverse the transaction later.

Hi

I just received a debt collector letter related to my course, as that scam of OLCI sold my details to third parties, even though I do not owe money to anyone! Imagine to a company that doesn't even exist anymore.

I do not understand how authorities allow these companies to play with people lives and dreams, who are literaly going to get robbed.
If any member of Olci, ERR or whatever you are called now read this message, remember that what goes around comes around.

And a good advice to poor people like me, that try to make this world a better place:

-Do not undertake any course with private dodgy companies (like OLCI)

Bye

Upvote 0
I was enrolled OLCI last year. i finished 2365 level 2 with no problems, but couldn't do level 3. I tried to get in contact with my center but couldn't, so i went to their online site only to find they have gone into administration. i was on a pay as u go contract with them. so i canceled the direct debit straight away, i did not receive any call or letter informing me about OLCI take over. I ve since decided not take any chances with these companies and do level 3 at college, which im currently doing now. I'm now getting letters from the bailiffs asking me to pay OLCI when the company no longer exists and im no longer with them. I not sure what to do now

Upvote 0
Hi, Got a letter from ERR saying i needed to pay an extra £500 to have an extra 6 months added to my course as i started the course c&g2357 over 2 years ago.
As I didnt want to lose my £6000 course witch i have about 3/4's completed i phoned up the number they gave me to pay the £500.
A woman answered saying OLCI then asked for a reference number which was my old student number and got my previous payment details then briefly explained why i need to pay an extra 500 to continue with my course so i went to pay with my credit card and she said she only accepted debit cards so I said i would call back when i get the money.
Has anyone else paid this, it all sounds a bit dodgy to me.

This does not sound right at all, unless you had a contract stating that you had to complete the NVQ within a certain timeframe. The final certification date for the NVQ 2357 is a few years away so even if you had not completed within two years you have not used any extra resources/costs etc etc so cannot understand why they are asking for extra money.

We have had a few people transfer their NVQs to XS Training and have received some enquiries from others. BUT make sure that you are in fact registered with the awarding body on the qualification that you are on as we have one case where the candidate was not even registered on the qualification that he had paid for. You should have your City & Guilds enrolment and date of registration for each qualification you were registered. They can provide you with this evidence by giving you a City & Guilds "Walled Garden" report proving you are indeed registered on the qualification(s).

Upvote 0
Hi is this this feed still live. I am looking for either help or advise regarding owing OLCI or Caledonia Finance as they are known now for the course which i did not complete with them as they sent me the incorrect course work and i have been on their case since January 2013. and now they are asking for money as my account was on hold. Any advise is most appreciated.

Upvote 0
In your position I'd write back to them, communication is very important in matters like this, tell them that OLCI sent out the wrong course work and that your contract was with OLCI not Caledonia Finance.
OLCI is an insolvent company, the affairs of which are now being handled by an insolvency practitioner. If you owe any money to OLCI it is for that insolvency practitioner (or the finance company who loaned the money for the course to you) to write to you to try to recover it. If OLCI did not send you the thing that you ordered then you should not have to pay for it.
All that aside, I have to say that I'm an electrician not a legal advisor. If it's a substantial sum then you might need to go to see a lawyer. They all do fixed fee interviews where they'll gather the facts and advise you mate.
Good luck and let us know how this pans out.

Upvote 0
I was an olci student and paid most of the course off while i was studying it. prob only got 1000 to pay, but since i couldnt book anythin with them to complete the course and they went into administration i cancelled the payments to them, i am just recieving emails from a credit management cimoany asking me to pay the remaining balance. any ideas.
Im not gonna pay it but has anyone else ha this or sorted it out?

Upvote 0
I was an olci student and paid most of the course off while i was studying it. prob only got 1000 to pay, but since i couldnt book anythin with them to complete the course and they went into administration i cancelled the payments to them, i am just recieving emails from a credit management cimoany asking me to pay the remaining balance. any ideas.
Im not gonna pay it but has anyone else ha this or sorted it out?

This is only opinion, I wouldn't pay for something I couldn't have. Anyone ever gave you money for work you ain't done ?

Upvote 0
Hi Guys

Has anyone been to the citizens advise on these matters?

Im now having debt collectors calling me regarding money for a course that no longer exists? OLCI have not supplied me with certification from my last 2 units/workshops. Why would i continue to pay for a service that OLCI are not providing.

Im not happy training with ERR, i didn't sign up with them.

I would advise anyone who's thinking of training with these crooks...... DONT!

Upvote 0
Mate, you don't need a forum or a facebook group full of sparkies and trainees to advise you. What you need is proper legal advice.
Gather up every scrap of relevant info, IE everything between YOU, OLCI, the finance company and get in touch with a solicitor and ask for a fixed fee interview.
These things usually last about half an hour, the solicitor will look at all the documents, listen to your side of the story and give you the actual state of affairs and what your way out of this is. It may be that you'll have to cough up, it may be that a letter from the law firm will force them to back off. You'll not know this until you approach someone for proper legal advice, that will not come from a bunch of sparks and trainees.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone.
i signed with OLCI right before they been sold in 2014...
i had this letter from ERR saying that i study with them, so after that letter i had some concerns.
i called OLCI on the number that i had and they told me thats they under ERR now, but my training will be same as i signed with OLCI... recently i did call ERR and got told that i have to study their books and do their assignments and they will send it to me within 5 working days... i did not receive the books yet, but they send me a letter saying that OLCI left me without training facilities to finish my training... so i have to start everything from the beggining... As i signed contract with OLCI and paid to them. Now i'm really not happy and want my money back... should i speak to ERR about the refund or just go straight to legal advice? sorry my english isn't the best, but hope you will understand :)

Upvote 0
How the hell are people still talking to a company that went bust about a year ago? Surely the administrators are dealing with everything now? If they're not then they should be.

Upvote 0
Hello All, just a few questions for anyone that did transfer to ERR.

Just wondering did anyone get sorted with ERR?

Did anyone actually transfer over to any of ERRs training centres for any technical training or exams?

Has anyone done any of the tutor marker assignments set out by ERR? Then submitted them online?

Hope someone can answer these questions? Any feedback would be great.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Hello All, just a few questions for anyone that did transfer to ERR.

Just wondering did anyone get sorted with ERR?

Did anyone actually transfer over to any of ERRs training centres for any technical training or exams?

Has anyone done any of the tutor marker assignments set out by ERR? Then submitted them online?

Hope someone can answer these questions? Any feedback would be great.

Thanks

Hi
I paid in full to OLCI for the DI course - 2 weeks later they went bump!!
ERR have honoured all of the OLCI obligations and I am doing my first 2-week practical session next month.
The TMA's are fine - just study the material and do your research and it'll all be good... usually get marked within a couple of days at the latest.
Cheers

Upvote 0
Hi, that sounds good. so how do you submit the TMAs? Which centre are you studing at? Please give me some feedback when you get on the course. Thanks
You must have a CD which is given by ERR. When you answer the questions(tma questions on CD are same to Books),you must save on your computet with that CD. Next step , you must login their campuserr web site and upload them to their webmail .that is all and check your err webmail account and your email regullarly . They will inform you shortly .
After all , when you login your webmail on their webmail , you can see you answer and which ones correct which ones are wrong with definitions.

Upvote 0
Ok so just called OLCI this morning and yes they have gone into administration and were immediately bought as a going concern from ERR Ltd.

They are continuing to trade as OLCI and all students will continue to receive their training as agreed in accordance with their individual contracts.

All i can say is ...... phew. There is a lesson to be learned on my part and one thing i won't be doing in the future is paying for something in full, it will be installments all the way.

So it's back to the books and further studying.
Hiya mate just a Quik 1 did you complete your course and is it all its made out to be with Err as in practical work on there building sites ect and get all qualifications and nvqs you needed to be a spark.. Cherrs

Upvote 0

Reply to OLCI in Administration ??? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net