OLCI in Administration ??? | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums
  • Thread starter Drexyn
  • Start date
  • Replies 148
  • Views 50K

Discuss OLCI in Administration ??? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Drexyn

I just received a letter today from a company called ERR, Engineering Real Results. They state that they are the administrators of OLCI and have accepted a transfer of my contract with them and i'm now bound to their terms and conditions.

I know nothing about this company as yet so i'm concerned about the remaining parts of my training i still have to complete as they have also made a point that i will be hearing from their finance department concerning future payments for my training. I paid OLCI in full so now this is very concerning.

Anyone spoken to these people or know what the script is?

Cheers

Trev

Have you or anyone from OLCI been given any course dates with ERR? or know if the OLCI centers will be kept open?
or new course material? because we can not be working off OLCI folders, mixing with ERR working from different work books?

Upvote 0
Have you or anyone from OLCI been given any course dates with ERR? or know if the OLCI centers will be kept open?
or new course material? because we can not be working off OLCI folders, mixing with ERR working from different work books?

I have spoken to them today about chasing up certificates that OLCI have apparently claimed. I am having to send in copies of all my certificates that i received to date, so that i can book on another module. Although they wont give me any dates that i can actually do anything. I think this is going to take a while. Is anybody else having any issues with this??

Upvote 0
Ok folks, little update for you all ref OLCI.

They have been integrated into ERR Ltd and so do not exist anymore. As for the existing students, almost all centres have closed with a few exceptions, one being Livingston. The centres have been instructed to send all student details including coursework to ERR immediately.

I spoke with a nice lass at ERR on Wednesday 25th June and she advised me that ERR are going to work with us to complete our coursework but we have to be patient for the next two weeks so that they can get everyones paperwork in and be able to see where each student is at regarding training and courses. In the meantime we have to continue with any assignments and hold on to them until either instructed by ERR to send them in or if you instigate that motion yourself after a couple of weeks.

We all have to be patient and considering it is a company takeover these things can and will take time to formalise, there will be teething problems as you would expect but we will get there in time.

I will keep you all posted if i hear any changes.

Cheers

Trev

Upvote 0
Do you know where their centers are ? What is the post code of watford center .?

I only know that Livingston is the only centre being retained for Scotland, i am not aware what other centres have been retained.

I would say if you have any questions regarding OLCI (post admin) you should speak to the new owners ERR Ltd on this number - 0844 264 2134.

That is the number given on the OLCI website directed at students. I hope this info helps.

Upvote 0
Alright guys,
also in the same boat as you with regards to olci, it looks like it could take a while for err to sort us out, Can ERR actually cater for the people on the 2357 course or the other science and theory course( not sure the code, possible 2365?)
Spoke to someone from ERR and he said about waiting 2 weeks, that was a month ago and still aint heard anythin.
then called them again and was told to wait another 2 weeks.So looks llike this is gonna take ageis.
also i questioned the bloke on the phone about the coursework we had done and which we are still doing ready for marking, he said it might be different from what they use!
that confused me becuase we are doing city and guilds coursework and not OLCI coursework so it should be the same. That made me think do they actually know anythin about what courses we are on and what can they actually offer us and are we gonna be able to finish off any of our courses.
kinda annoying coz im on unit 308 and am so close to finishing the science and theory units. If i was on my nvq i wouldnt mind at all coz would be able to find another provider to pass that for me, as im currently with an electrician so can go through completing the file for that.

whats your thoughts guys,or any news and updates on the situation would be great, cheers

Upvote 0
Hi Rob,

I'm giving them a call on Wednesday to see where were at with the course work, i will update on here what i find out.

Cheers

Received a nice letter from err Ltd today saying that because my contract has been over 2years that I am not entitled to training by them. I only had to complete the nvq. Winner. More Expense Yey. They also haven't heard of AM2 which makes me wonder if they have a clue what they are doing. Expecially as it's part of the nvq.
Anybody else got this lovely letter yet?

Upvote 0
Received a nice letter from err Ltd today saying that because my contract has been over 2years that I am not entitled to training by them. I only had to complete the nvq. Winner. More Expense Yey. They also haven't heard of AM2 which makes me wonder if they have a clue what they are doing. Expecially as it's part of the nvq.
Anybody else got this lovely letter yet?

How the hell have the not heard of the AM2 ????
ALARM BELLS !!!!

Upvote 0
Hi submariner111,

I 2 received the same lovely letter on Friday regarding ERR not continuing to provide me with training! Totally gutted as saved up and paid course off over 2 years, so finished payments in April 2014.
I had bee trying to contact OLCI since February and arrange date for NVQ and units 307/308 which remain, however they where unable to provide me with dates in my area.
I had spoken with OLCI in regards to the two year course deadline and was advised that this would not matter and at end of my two year term would be provided with a new C&G number which would allow me to continue!
As part of fees NVQ and AM2 examination already paid for so gutted to loose so much ££.
Any advice on if anything can be done or if that it that?

Upvote 0
Hi submariner111,

I 2 received the same lovely letter on Friday regarding ERR not continuing to provide me with training! Totally gutted as saved up and paid course off over 2 years, so finished payments in April 2014.
I had bee trying to contact OLCI since February and arrange date for NVQ and units 307/308 which remain, however they where unable to provide me with dates in my area.
I had spoken with OLCI in regards to the two year course deadline and was advised that this would not matter and at end of my two year term would be provided with a new C&G number which would allow me to continue!
As part of fees NVQ and AM2 examination already paid for so gutted to loose so much ££.
Any advice on if anything can be done or if that it that?

Hi mate, in your case i would say go and speak with your local citizens advice. I suspect i will be having to do the exact same in the next week or two as well. If you have paid for courses you are not going to receive you should be entitled to a refund of the costs of the courses you didn't get, you might even be able to claim a full refund if they have breached their own terms and conditions in the contract with you. I'm checking that out as well to see where i stand.

I am still calling ERR on Wednesday so if i find out anymore i will let you know.

Cheers

Upvote 0
I recieved same letter. My 2 years has finished 31st of may , olci told me i will not need to pay any money first 6 month and i can continue and i have still paid 125'£ standing order every month till may of 2015 . It is not acceptable . I took all units and i just need to fix some homeassigments and resit exam it will take maximum 2 weeks . Olci tutor was vey slow to marking of units . Can you imagine i gave my unit 305 home assigment on december i am still wating marking .how can i finish it in 2 years .
As you now they took admistration of OLci on 6 of may .
In additional , i have been tring to book it for more than 3 months . Err told me we will contact you in 2 weeks ( it was years before ). Wast of my time and money

Upvote 0
Hi mate, in your case i would say go and speak with your local citizens advice. I suspect i will be having to do the exact same in the next week or two as well. If you have paid for courses you are not going to receive you should be entitled to a refund of the costs of the courses you didn't get, you might even be able to claim a full refund if they have breached their own terms and conditions in the contract with you. I'm checking that out as well to see where i stand.

I am still calling ERR on Wednesday so if i find out anymore i will let you know.

Cheers

Cheers, thank you for your advice it is very much appreciated, if anyone does find anything out which can be of help then I would be most grateful, I will go see my local citizens advice and see what can be done.

Upvote 0
Ok quick update - I have been trying all day on the phone to get through and at 1553 hrs i eventually managed to get through and speak with someone.

So the skinny is this, i asked about dates to continue my training and i was told it will be at least two weeks before i can book any courses. I have waited eight weeks now to get on another course so i can understand if your all feeling frustrated.

I was going to call on Wednesday but decided to try them today given what you guys were saying about your letters.

So i will be contacting them again on Monday 21st July to establish some dates for further courses. This of course depends on whether they get in touch with us sooner.

Looks like we have to stay patient. Sorry it wasn't good news. :-(

Upvote 0
Hello mate I am in the same boat as you. I have never even received a letter about the take over. I tried to book a test and they said they had been taken over. I have since then not been able to contact olci on the phone or by e mail to jonathon parish. Do you know what number I contact please mate and have you had any luck with contacting them of late?

Upvote 0
alright lads, all of us who have been with olci have basically just been dropped and have just lost our money. We need to find out if there is anyway we can get our assignments back so we can go to another provider and try and finish the theory units off with them. also we need to try and get any of our city and guilds qualification certificates back from olci. or see what can be down about the fact that we completed the units and never got our work marked. i have got units 307 308 and 309 to complete. i have just wrote to 2 other providers to see if i could complete these units with them. just awaiting reply.
Dont know what else to do. any info would be good or any other option available to us would be good to hear.

Upvote 0
Hi everybody. Im also concerned about entire situation. Does anybody know direct number to Livingston centre? I managed to speak with somebody from ERR last week and she told me there will be no changes for me but booked my session in Livingstone and no confirmation at all. Now when calling ERR only machine is talking. If anybody know what is going out please update here.

Upvote 0
I had the same letter and then was told my training center wouldn't be in Bristol and I know have to travel to Southampton to complete the practical sessions. I was also told that I need to retake most of the theory due to them saying OLCI's theory training was poor!

Upvote 0
What electrical course were you doing ? i spoke to a training provider in nottingham and they said that because i have been working in the elctrical industry for the past 3 years icould do an entry exam and if i pass go straight onto the level 3 2365 course which i could study from home and go up for assessments when i needed to. i would still have to do my nvq and am2 after but it looks like its the best option for me so far.
any news on olci and any chance of getting some work back or some money back from the barstewards?

Upvote 0
What electrical course were you doing ? i spoke to a training provider in nottingham and they said that because i have been working in the elctrical industry for the past 3 years icould do an entry exam and if i pass go straight onto the level 3 2365 course which i could study from home and go up for assessments when i needed to. i would still have to do my nvq and am2 after but it looks like its the best option for me so far.
any news on olci and any chance of getting some work back or some money back from the barstewards?

I was doing the Domestic Installer Course with OLCI and now doing the City and Guilds equivalent with ERR. I always had a weird feeling about OLCI and feel like I've been sold down the river and just don't know if the same will happen with ERR, will just have to wait and see i guess and crack on with the Theory. I'm hoping to get my first practical done in December as this is the only time i can get off from work. Hopefully they will run a practical session on December!

Upvote 0
I've had two e-mail this week but that's only after several e-mails to them trying to get hold of them. Dodesn;t fill you with much confidence when they don't answer the phone. Hate it!

Upvote 0
I've had two e-mail this week but that's only after several e-mails to them trying to get hold of them. Dodesn;t fill you with much confidence when they don't answer the phone. Hate it!

What the emails said? I had no reply to my emails at all. Worst is I have already paid for my course. Cant afford to spend another few thousands to start new one.

Upvote 0
Well ive started mine again, and I have been told that my course fees from OLCI will cover the new course. I wanted to know when I can get access to the online teaching thing, it wont let me log on. Also about the virtual reality CD which i can't use as don't have access to a PC only a Mac. I was also trying to find out if my previous exams that I passed will actually be taken into consideration. Every phone number i try for ERR just talks about the closure of OLCI. Do they not have a number for existing students? Or just normal enquiries?

Upvote 0

Reply to OLCI in Administration ??? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net