OLCI in Administration ??? | Page 7 | on ElectriciansForums
  • Thread starter Drexyn
  • Start date
  • Replies 148
  • Views 50K

Discuss OLCI in Administration ??? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Drexyn

I just received a letter today from a company called ERR, Engineering Real Results. They state that they are the administrators of OLCI and have accepted a transfer of my contract with them and i'm now bound to their terms and conditions.

I know nothing about this company as yet so i'm concerned about the remaining parts of my training i still have to complete as they have also made a point that i will be hearing from their finance department concerning future payments for my training. I paid OLCI in full so now this is very concerning.

Anyone spoken to these people or know what the script is?

Cheers

Trev

New Facebook page up and running now.

If you want to join please send me a message and i will add you on to it.

The group is for OLCI students only who have been transferred to ERR.

The group name is - OLCI/ERR Students

I will add when i can.

Upvote 0

I will add when i can.

Can't find the page on facebook?

Upvote 0
Just a quick update to all former OLCI students, we now have a Facebook group running and at present we have 18 members, i will keep it open for further invites for two more weeks from today then i will close the group and continue with the members who have joined.

This will start to take up a considerable amount of my time and effort going forward therfore i will be setting all my focus on the action group and all the legal perameters that will ensue.

Thanks for your interest and get signed up soon.

Details in previous post for the page.

Upvote 0
I'd keep it open for longer than 2 weeks mate, there are likely to be a hell of a lot of people in the same boat as you. You might have to shout about the group a bit too.
What are you hoping to achieve mate if you don't mind me asking? Your mention of legal things makes me wonder.

Upvote 0
I'd keep it open for longer than 2 weeks mate, there are likely to be a hell of a lot of people in the same boat as you. You might have to shout about the group a bit too.
What are you hoping to achieve mate if you don't mind me asking? Your mention of legal things makes me wonder.

Hi Trev, I appreciate your interest in what i plan to do but i cannot answer your question until i have collated all the details from everyone who is in the group and found what the common issues are. Until then all i can say is that every avenue will be looked into.

As for the timescale, i'm afraid two weeks is the best i can give until i close the group for any further invites, that way i can sit down and work through each individual issue and collate all the data together to create a portfolio of common issues, i also have a holiday to take somewhere along there as i definately need one.

Once all details have been collated we as a group will look at the best options for persual and take things from there. So far we have in excess of 20 members and it is growing steadily now. I think it is right that we get organised and start a process where collectively we cannot be ignored any further. It is also fair that we give ERR the right to reply in a timely manner.

Upvote 0
Fair enough mate, just remember though. Your contracts were with OLCI not ERR, if they want to tell you to go away then they will and there's not a great deal you can do.
I'm just a bit concerned that you were going to instruct lawyers on this because we all know that they don't come cheap.

Upvote 0
Hi. I have been joining in behalf of my partner but kept getting declined.

I will add when i can.

Hi. I have been joining in behalf of my partner but kept getting declined. Please accept my request. Thank you

Upvote 0
Hi guys.
I too was told I could take as long as I like to complete the course.
I told the salesman it suited me due to my working days/nights/7 day weeks and could not commit to a structured course.
Now I'm out a lot of money and am still paying it off.

Upvote 0
Just a reminder to all former OLCI students who are waiting for info from ERR, the action group on Facebook will soon be closed to people wishing to join from Sunday 31st August. If you want to be involved in the group and would like to make your points before we consider any legal options i would urge you to join. Currently we have almost 35 members and this is growing steadily, once we have closed the invite option no more people can join, this is to prevent repeating details once we start sorting our options.

The group name is on Facebook and you can find it by typing in - OLCI/ERR Students

Please note it is case sensitive so type it as you see above.

Many thanks.

Upvote 0
Hi all,
I am in the same situation as everyone here!
I signed up to olci fully qualified electrician course finished all my level 3 and had my nvq brief then olci went bust. I emailed err and olci to find out how I was meant to be moving forward however still no reply from anyone! I contacted city and guides to be told that err were doing their best! I finally got a number for a lady call myra from err to be told that they have lost my level 3 stuff and to move forward re read the book and do it again! Luckily I recorded everything I had done and asked for a list of what was missing, I asked for the missing work assignment numbers to be sent to me so I could send in copies and still nothing! To say I am getting very annoyed now is an understatement. Not sure if anyone else found that on signing up were promised £1500 off courses then £1000 off further qualifications so in total £2500 brilliant the only problem is know one wants to honour it! Has anyone found a way of moving forward? Unfortunately I am not on Facebook, is there any way of adding in with the group just via email?

Thanks
will

Upvote 0

Reply to OLCI in Administration ??? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net