Old colours (again) | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Old colours (again) in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

As far as I'm aware, only the Armed Forces and small buisnesses employing less than 15 persons are excluded from the DDA.

Doesn't really matter who's excluded from DDA, If colour blindness presents a hazard into the workplace, or is totally inappropriate for the type of work being undertaken, then commonsense dictates exclusion on saftey grounds...

Here is a concise desription of changing wiring colours that I have made in the past

Bored tonight, couldnt resist....
[ElectriciansForums.net] Old colours (again)

Just to add a bit more to the colour fun, have any of you made off a 200 twisted pair communications cable? I was asked to do a couple of them, it took me a while but every thing worked OK. Then we had more to do, the foreman decided I’d been to slow on my own, so he’d get a couple of lads working on each end. The colours are very subtle Grey, Slate Grey and Light Grey being among the various colours. So the two lads set off making off the cables. My god what a cock up when it came to testing the plant! Crossed pairs all over the place. One person will set it in his mind what colour is what, two people? What neither of them had twigged was that the cable came with a colour chart, it went in order as the pairs worked their way around the lay of the cable. It was simple to follow, when you stripped the cable you’re faced with a mass of colours but only two primary colours in the outer lay, that was your start point.

I even got an apology from the foreman for saying I was to slow!

Reply to Old colours (again) in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net