Old intruder alarm | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Old intruder alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi there
I have been on a job to fix intruder alarm.
Alarm Texecom 1995 very old alarm .
Owner 96 years oldman wanted to replace battery inside the panel. Unfortunately when he took cover down battery fell pulling other cables from terminals. I’ve managed to terminate cables back as I thought they need to be. Now I need help with the siren outside + small siren near the panel. How do I connect them . Obviously siren + and - tamper but terminals are different in this old panel . Can someone who done such an old panel help me? Look on the picture terminals for sounder S,D,C,B,A I think. The small siren with wings like a fan. Thanks for any advise.

[ElectriciansForums.net] Old intruder alarm

D is the negative for the SAB hold off supply
In the bell the 0v is linked to one side of the tamper switch and then the other side goes back to C in the panel which is the tamper return
C & D are linked in the panel to stop a tamper being indicated so you need to check the external sounder has a correctly connected SAB

Reply to Old intruder alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net