Old stories | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Old stories in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Arms
Reaction score
Thought you might be interested in something that happened to me in the early 1970, I was working on a mid sized construction site in Bristol.

Me and two more guys were driving to site at about 06:30am, minding our own business when boom, thought we had been hit by a missile, but no it was a large Japanese car, all I can recall is seeing this car wrapped around a lamppost and the driver and passenger walking about in a daze.

No one hurt too bad just shook up, the driver was an Italian and I knew something was up when he pulled out his wallet and tried to give me about £70, which was a lot of cash in those days, turned out he wasn't insured and tried to pay me off, well couldn't do that as there was far to many witnesses and it was a company van, so tough luck Luigi.

Got to site eventually a bit late, Site Agent not a happy man, about two hours later. the driver and a few of his mates came to site,started pushing people around looking for yours truly, I had called the Old Bill, the SA called them again, turfed them off site and proceeded to speak to the SA, who called me and my two mate in for a chat, turned out that the driver was a local gang boss and was after my blood, so we had to leave site never to return.

Not sure what this guy wanted to do to me but it certainly wasn't to pat me on the back, possibly pat me in the face with a baseball bat, but thankfully never found out.

Anyone else had any strange experiences? bit off topic but it,s been a bit quiet lately.

Had a bloke collapse with a heart attack in the queue of a cafe, I clear the vomit out of his mouth and start resus, other customers calmly step over his body with trays of food and drinks to find a table and watch, while most of the cafe staff carry on as normal........
He was dead when the ambulance arrived.

That's desperate. How long ago did this happen and in what town. They should be ashamed of themselves. Imagine dying on the floor and strangers ignoring you.

Plumber I know got rudely awoken by the old bill on a Sunday morning, nicked him for burglary and carted him off to the cop shop. Turned out a house he had been working in previously installing a new central heating system had been burgled and his paw prints were obviously everywhere from working in the house lol. Fortunately after a few checks with the customer etc he was let out lol

Last edited:
Plumber I know got rudely awoken by the old bill on a Sunday morning, nicked him for burglary and carted him off to the cop shop. Turned out a house he had been working in previously installing a new central heating system in had been burgled and his paw prints were obviously everywhere from working in the house lol. Fortunately after a few checks with the customer etc he was let out lol

That reminds me of a similar story. A gas engineer i know told me this, he is about 40 now, when he was serving his time as an apprentice, he was sent along with his mentor (the bosses son) in a van and the two of them worked in bigger commercial jobs. One friday evening they were coming home from belfast in high spirits another weeks work done. They managed to meet an army checkpoint and were pulled over and searched, the brits found a load of tilt switches in the back of the van. The brits immediately pointed their guns at the two gas engineers and ordered them to lie down on the wet road. A helicopter was summonsed and the two boys were threw into it and were brought to bessbrook barracks and questioned. The company owner had to go to the barracks to explain that they had legitimate reasons. They eventually were released in the middle of the night.

That reminds me.....
Back in the early 80's I was in a team of people mapping Drumlins in Cumbria, unfortunately the 2 lads given the patch next to a restricted area happened to be Irish, so when the border guards came out to see what 2 blokes were doing wandering about in the middle of nowhere next to a MOD site with Irish accents.......
Apparently the food wasn't too bad.

Came home from work once and found the grandson playing with a toy phone. “It’s for you!” he said and hands me the phone.
"Hello!" I said into the phone, humouring him standing by my feet. His face lit up with excitement because he loved it when we played pretend.
"Hello," comes the reply. Well, my blood ran cold as an unexpected voice nearly made me drop the phone.
"Who is it, granddad?" asked the little one.
"Who the hell is this?" I replied trying not to let my voice tremble.
"Yabba dabba do, I like talkin' to you" was the reply.
After a moment of bamboozlement I realized it was a pre-recorded message. That toy needed to go back in the damn box he found it in. I practically soiled my pants over Fred f*****g Flinstone.

it was fun reading about distribution and industrial side of the trade. but thats old stories now and any discussion about it is "against forum ruling".

anyway, not good to spend too much time in front of the computer theres better things to do.

it was fun reading about distribution and industrial side of the trade. but thats old stories now and any discussion about it is "against forum ruling".

anyway, not good to spend too much time in front of the computer theres better things to do.

Don't dream it, do it! Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sin and tell us about your industrious past.:smile:

Reply to Old stories in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net