Only 1 brown wire in the wall | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Only 1 brown wire in the wall in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sytos123

I have only 1 brown wire in the wall, is this normal?
Shouldn't there also be a blue wire there?
I have to mention that the apartment is from 2022 so i was think maybe is something new.
PS: The location is a 3 socket place. 1 of them is a power socket and is work, i did not open it. The other 2 are already open and i can see only 1 brown wire in each of them.
I don't know if is important but i ' m from Denmark Europe.
I would appreciate it if someone could enlighten me. Thank you!

Can you upload photographs to show us?

Light switches may not have a blue wire, but at least 1 brown, and either another brown, a blue or possibly other colours. (In UK, it could be black and grey)

Can you safely test if this brown cable is live at the moment?

It could just be an old unused wire now, but if the house is only 2 years old, that’s unlikely

Sorry! I hope now is ok. Yes this is the photo
[ElectriciansForums.net] Only 1 brown wire in the wall

Looks like just a draw rope left in the pipe in the wall for pulling in any extra cables.

Do you know where the other end of the pipe is? It may just go down to a low level outlet, or one on the other side of the room?

I love the “happy face” shape of european outlets.. :)

So i was looking if i can find where it is go, it seems that it is go in the "service room" . My question is why it is open like that? It could be that they let it like this for me as a owner to put in that 2 sokets what i want ethernet/tv cable/ power soket?

So i was looking if i can find where it is go, it seems that it is go in the "service room" . My question is why it is open like that? It could be that they let it like this for me as a owner to put in that 2 sokets what i want ethernet/tv cable/ power soket?View attachment 118074View attachment 118075
That is exactly why it is there, so a future upgrade to cable/ satalite tv or ethernet / phone line can be installed with relative ease.

Thank you all for the help!
Now that I have all this information, it makes sense why the outlet was opened. The location is in the bedroom. In the living room there is the same "style with 3 sockets" with power cable/ethernet/tv cable, alrerdy mounted.
Again a big thank you!

Reply to Only 1 brown wire in the wall in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net