Output from solar panels on dull days?? | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Output from solar panels on dull days?? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I'd double check your conversion from Lux to W/m2 - it's not that straightforward as there is a different conversion factor for every wavelength of light. I would also agree that 1000W/m2 is extremely unlikely at this time of year. Last clear, sunny commissioning day I got it was struggling to top 250W/m2 here in the Midlands. Wouldn't expect anything approaching 1000 for a few months yet.

Thanks to all who responded to my earlier post.
Several things working against electricity production:- winter and latitude - central Scotland!
However, since the original post there have been a few hours of watery winter sunshine and during that time the system produced another 5kW in no time at all.
I have taken the advice of several responders and decided to stop watching the meter and wait till next summer.

Thanks again to all responders.

i have finished my first install and i am coming up with these readings,
voc-583
isc-0.6
sun-50w/m2
it was a very dull day but do these readings seem ok? thought the isc was maybe a bit low? cheers guys

November has seen all kinds of weather (Cambridgeshire)
My 2.88 kWp worth of Sanyo HIT-240s (42 deg pitch, SSE orientation) do anywhere between 0.3 (lowest ever) to 2 kWh on these grey, dull days.
A good, sunny day last month yielded 8-9 kWh.

Just my £0.02

Be grateful,my 3.052 system has produced zero today ,due to snow on my roof.But as the guys all say wait till spring.On another note just got my first cheque in on Saturday which took 2weeks from sending in photographic evidence to British gas.So it appears their getting their act together going by older posts.

Reply to Output from solar panels on dull days?? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net