Outside lighting | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Outside lighting in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

peteelecs

I want to put up a couple of 60 watt lamps on wall by patio is it ok just to use 1mm2 twin and earth on its own or do I have to put it in conduit thought this might look too bulky Any advice appreciated

you can use T/E, but flex will look better and stand the weather better. 0.75mm would be adequate

Last edited:
you can use T/E, but flex will look better and stand the weather better. 0.75mm would be adequate

Flex is only permitted if it is run through a FCU first. Flex is not meant to be used as a installation grade cable in the way that T+E is.

T+E was never meant to be used outside! UV light is nasty.

As we all know it lasts and last though, theres some on theback of my house must be 30+ years old.

And flex, black flex withstands the damaging effects of UV better than white. Apparently!

But who really cares, T+E is better than the bell wire / security cable etc I've seen.

Reply to Outside lighting in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Is it a retaining wall? If so I'm of the opinion penetrating damp is almost impossible to avoid. Make a channel underneath for runoff and slosh...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Indeed, the same electrician also made me realise you shouldn't have two RCDs in the same circuit!! Respect to the trades.... !
Replies
Views
  • Question
Some pir lights have a switched output so you can link them together, when any pir is activated then all lights will come on. if you don’t connect...
Replies
Views
Ok thanks, it was just as it's outdoors I wasn't sure. I have replaced indoor light fittings again without modifying wiring.
Replies
Views
No, but a continuation.. now I'm safe with the FCU, I want to switch between the pond and a lamp
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks