Paert P electrical installation certificate | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Paert P electrical installation certificate in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Cider

Hi

Does a Part P Domestic Electrical Installation Certificate (2 pages) satisfy all requirements for documentation for the installation of say a new CU?

Obviously the work is carried out by a part p registered installer and shall be notified.

Thanks

Cider

Thanks, Does this mean copying info from other form, test results and supply details etc?

So its pretty much duplicated paperwork?

If its asking you for the same details ie Ze then yes.
Really depends on who's forms you are using.
I use formfiller and its all of the above over 3 sheets.
Alot of the detaisl will be carryed over to other sheets tho.

Fish go Moo!

Firstly there's no such thing as a Part P certificate! Its an Electrical Installation Certificate and is 4 pages including the notes page, plus any additional pages that you have used for comments etc

Printed by ETHOS I picked up a pad in CEF

Electrical test certificates PART P Domestic Electrical Installation Certificate. 7936 . "Part P-Domestic Electrical Installation Certificate For a Single Dwelling" printed across the top of each set of forms.

Front also reads " For certifying an installation in a single dwelling, designed, constructed, inspected and tested by one person"

Guess it exists!

Thats why I asked the question, Is this all thats needed as it seems to cover everything.

A new CU would require an Electrical Installation Certificate along with a Schedule of Inspections and a Schedule of Test Results as stated above.

As Amp David said there is no such thing as a Part P certificate. Part P is a section of the Building Regulations that deals with electrical safety in domestic dwellings and is more to do with notifying certain jobs to LABC.

To comply with Part P simply means complying with BS 7671 and notifying when required.

Other sets of forms i have are electrical installation certificate, and schedule of inspections.
This is obviously what has to be completed.
I just dont get what purpose the Part P form serves or why its made if its not fit for purpose.

Having studied all the forms the only difference to the "part p" set is the amount of space available for multi signatures, ie 2 designers constructer tester etc.
The part p set have all the same information but in a smaller format.

It should be noted that most electrical forms are not compulsosry to use. They are however a great way of recording the infomation from tests that shoudl be done. Therefore maybe it is better to confirm what tests are likely to be required and see if the form covers them.

BEFORE CONNECTION OF
THE SUPPLY

1 Continuity of
protective conductors

2 Main and
supplementary bonding continuity

3 Continuity of ring
final circuit conductors

4 Insulation
resistance

5 Site applied
insulation

6 Protection by
separation

7 Protection by
barriers and enclosures

8 Insulation of
non-conducting floors and walls

9 Polarity

10 Earth electrode
resistance if an earth electrode resistance tester is used

WITH THE SUPPLY
CONNECTED

11 Earth electrode
resistance if an earth-fault loop tester or the ammeter and voltmeter
method are used

12 Confirm correct
polarity

13 Earth-fault loop
impedance

14 Correct operation
of residual current devices

15 Correct operation
of switches and isolators

DD368

I think he's referring to the domestic EIR which is a 2 page form for up to 12 ccts. It's all thats required for a domestic where the designer,installer and teser are the same person. Ethos does call it a Part P Domestic EIC

Last edited:

Reply to Paert P electrical installation certificate in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net