Part 'P' Notification | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Part 'P' Notification in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Blueblood

Hi. For the last 30years I have worked as an electrician in industry. I have recently been made redundant. I have used my time to gain the C&G 2392 qualification and am due to start on the C&G2391 course. I am thinking of going self employed as a lot of people have been asking me to do work. I am a bit confused about PART'P' though. I aim to become a member of ELECSA or NICIEC or the like. Until I do, whose responsability is it to NOTIFY work to the LABC, is it the householder or the electrician and what is the procedure for notifying work. CHEERS

If you are not part P qualified BC has to be informed and PAID its generally you that will do that as they are checking your work but nothing stopping the customer doing that providing he is willing to pay.

Speak to the competent person schemes and see what they require as some may accept the 2392 if you are doing domestic only.

Best of luck

Chris

Reply to Part 'P' Notification in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net