Part p | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Part p in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

ABerry82

if you join the NICEIC do you still need to do part p. or does the niceic cover this

what it is....theres these legalised conmen ..otherwise known as the gang of three....the part p scheme providers.....theres the NIC....and NAPIT....the other criminal is ELECSA.....if you join one of these `schemes` then you dont have to go throug the LABC....another set of parasites......can you see where this is all leading to....oh, by the way....what you will find is that a lot of work isn`t notifyable anyway (minor works outside special locations)....stuff like that.....

so, you've got 2382, 2 jobs ( 1 major, 1 minor) for assessment, PL insurance, calibrated test gear, various other bits of documentation, confidence and competence, contact niceic to book your assessment.

yea i know that obviously i will need to do my 2391 at some point. but while i dont have that how will i be able to get my work tested. and do you think that joining the NICEIC would be worth while

if you join the NICEIC do you still need to do part p. or does the niceic cover this

Whether or not you are a member of a self cert scheme provider or not, then yes you have to comply with Part P. Part P of the building regulations is a legal document, and must be fully complied with or else big fines and a nice break in one of her majesties hotels will be forthcoming if you cock it up.

Cheers................Howard

to be honest, at this moment in time, don't waste your hard earned. to be accepted by one of the parasitic scam ( and niceic is the worst, so i've been told) you have to show that you are competent to test your work. for the present, stick to small non-notifiable jobs.

so, you've got 2382, 2 jobs ( 1 major, 1 minor) for assessment, PL insurance, calibrated test gear, various other bits of documentation, confidence and competence, contact niceic to book your assessment.
i havent even looked into pl insurance yet i know test gear is expensive specially as i would prefer to have megger stuff. i will sit 2391. still need van some power tools not much tho as i have quite a bit already but i guess i could build that up as i go along

yea i can see your point. at the mo i work in tradepoint whilst getting my gear ready to go it alone and alot of the work i have picked up is property developers which means at some point i will need to be able to certify

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
partp is within building regulations and must be complied with do do this you either contact labs and pay their fees for every notifiable job you do or join a scheme provider and pay their fees and they notify labs for you, as labs fees can be quite expensive it usually works out cheaper to join a scheme provider

This thread is covering a load of crap which has previously been covered more times than enough, when will the penny drop?

PART P IS NOT AND NEVER WILL BE A QUALIFICATION. It is a part of the building regulations, and they go from Part A to Part P, A,B,C, and so on.

You can not get a qualification for a building regulation, you have to comply with them, they are a set of rules, no more, no less, except that we have a legal requirement to comply with them.

Look at it like this,

You trained to drive your car, and then passed a test, easy yes. But then did you have to go and get a qualification in speed limits? in order to be able to comply with them.......NO you did not, but you still get shafted if you get caught breaking them. I have never heard any driver asking "do i need to comply with speed limits".

Rant over.............Howard

i`l give you a tip here mate.....if/ when you decide to join one of these schemes.....personaly i woild go with elecsa first as you dont need to put your asessment job through the LABC....unlike the NIC...so there about £180 saving for a start......the scam providers only require you to prove competency.....and for that you would need to hold the 2382..17th edition.....you will need the new (green) books....and also to download a copy of the memerandum of guidance on the electricity at work regulations 1989.....minimum of £2,000,000 public liability......a callibrated MFT..or seperates ..your choice that are able to carry out the relevent tests....an approved voltage indicator (for demonstrating how to do a safe isolation)......

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Part p in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net