Part p | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Part p in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

ABerry82

if you join the NICEIC do you still need to do part p. or does the niceic cover this

There are 3 different grades of the 2391.
2391-10 which is normal testing
2391-20 which is advanced testing
2391-30 which is technician grade testing

? new one on me mate.

2391-10 Inspection and testing
2391-20 design etc, can't remember title
2391-30? Whats that, its not in my handout from City and Guilds, and i deliver the C&G courses

New ones,

2394 Initial Verification
2395 Periodic
2396 Design

Cheers.............Howard

Last edited by a moderator:
apologies, yes i meant the level 2 inspection and testing 2392 with part p
the C&G 2392 was brought in for initial verefication testing.....and was seen as a `go between`.....that is as a stepping stone towards attaining the C&G2391......it could have gone either 1 of 2 ways here in order to address the appaling pass rate of the 2391....either `dumb down` the 2391...a bad move.........or bring in a course that introduces people to testing.......the right way to go........

This thread is covering a load of crap which has previously been covered more times than enough, when will the penny drop?

PART P IS NOT AND NEVER WILL BE A QUALIFICATION. It is a part of the building regulations, and they go from Part A to Part P, A,B,C, and so on.

You can not get a qualification for a building regulation, you have to comply with them, they are a set of rules, no more, no less, except that we have a legal requirement to comply with them.

Look at it like this,

You trained to drive your car, and then passed a test, easy yes. But then did you have to go and get a qualification in speed limits? in order to be able to comply with them.......NO you did not, but you still get shafted if you get caught breaking them. I have never heard any driver asking "do i need to comply with speed limits".

Rant over.............Howard

There is actually a c&g 2393 building regs, which covers all parts of building regs suitable to electrical installations. Sat it other year because a company requested it, but its easier than the 2377

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Part p in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net