Periodic Reports | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Periodic Reports in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparky692

Hi guys and Gals

just a quickie this is to clarify a point
Recently carried out PIRs to 9 small commercial units on an commercial park. you know the sort of thing.
5 of these were unsatisfactory and required remedial works.
these works have now been carried out by either myself or the tenants.
Obviously pager 2 is now clear or faults
Question is.. do i issue a completely new Certificate including continuation sheets or can i get away with just issuing a page 2.
What is the criteria on this? .

any feedback would be appreciated

sparky692

HI( I would have through dependant on what you picked up on the pir & entered on page 2 some of the tests would enend to re dione so in my eyes yes you would need to re do the full test. ie if the earthing was inadequate & neded to be renewed, you ahve to test is so your readings would be differet ? or i'am i wrong

No it was all things like exposed live conductors on florrys etc. . Incorrect fuse wire and HRC fuses etc. nothing that would alter the readings at all. Isolators to machinery hanging off the wall.
Earthing and bonding were all OK. Install hadn't been maintained basically.
dont want to make a load of work and paper if i don't need to.

No circuits were extended /shortened or altered . so is the any need to certificate replacement of fittings. Pretty certain you don't need to .

Last edited by a moderator:
Like Des say's, Minor works should be issued for each fault repaired and they can accompany the failed one, which willl them in turn make it satisfactory. It is incorrect to just re do the report, without the certs for the repairs being attached!

Reply to Periodic Reports in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net