Pictures of simple jobs done properly. | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Pictures of simple jobs done properly. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dave OCD

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I was thinking as per thread title why don't we post up some pictures of how we do the simple common things, would be interesting to get different views and also show the people new to the trade how things ought to be. I'll start off with a simple 3 plate ceiling rose pendant that my son did yesterday, I think it's pretty good. :)
[ElectriciansForums.net] Pictures of simple jobs done properly.

Yes of course you're right but if the 2nd neutral [let's assume it's a 3 cable ceiling rose] is in the switched live terminal and lamps are fitted it may not go bang. :)
in that case ytou'd have both terminals of following lights sitting @ 240Vno p.d. so no current flow, darkness descends over the manor house.but with switch off, might see the incorrect wire as a false N and give a glimmer.

Depends on whether the neutral in or out was swapped with the switched live. I've had lights glowing and brighten/ dim from switches for other lights on the circuit - last one was when a helpful plasterer removed then reconnected a pendant after re-skimming a ceiling. :)

I didn't think a standard JB was allowed to be used floating because of the lack of strain relief? Though there must be millions of joint boxes installed that way around the country.
I get that but once the fitting is in the ceiling what strain is being put on the cables. What strain relief does a standard ceiling pendant offer that the jb in my pic doesnt?

A little method I use sometimes for additional sockets fed from an existing RFC, A 16A MCB rather than 13amp FCU. Also in the enclosure is a 32a DP switch which is the last of a little stock I had, handy bit of kit. Yes the enclosure is insulated and not metal :eek: but I really don't have an issue with that in this instance. This one was fitted by my son, he's doing well. [No CPC sleeving on show for Westward 10 to get excited about this time:D].
[ElectriciansForums.net] Pictures of simple jobs done properly.

A little method I use sometimes for additional sockets fed from an existing RFC, A 16A MCB rather than 13amp FCU. Also in the enclosure is a 32a DP switch which is the last of a little stock I had, handy bit of kit. Yes the enclosure is insulated and not metal :eek: but I really don't have an issue with that in this instance. This one was fitted by my son, he's doing well. [No CPC sleeving on show for Westward 10 to get excited about this time:D].View attachment 38122
is Chint Charles a new manufacturer? is he relalted to Chint Eastwood?

Reply to Pictures of simple jobs done properly. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net