Pir certificate | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Pir certificate in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

ac/dc

-
Reaction score
I RECENTLY PASSED 2391 EXAM:43::wacko: AND MY FRIEND ASKED ME TO DO A PIR ON HIS WAREHOUSE FOR INSUR. PURPOSES.
AM I ALLOWED TO ISSUE A PIR CERTIFICATE OR ANY OTHER ONE, WITHOUT BEING REGISTERED WITH ANY OF THOSE ELECTR. BODIES LIKE
NAPIT,NICEIC

THX. IN ADV.

Yep.... in short.

You don't need to be in a scheme to commercial or industrial.

It just about competence which your 2391 in part shows. PI is probably a good idea!!

agree with RWJ. only limitation would be if the insurers insisted you were a member of 1 of the scams. some insist on niceic.

As RWJ quite rightly put you just have to be competent.

It is just that a majority of insurance companies will only accept certification from someone that is a member of an approved body, in this case for commercial/industrial the NICEIC is the normal preference.

I would get your friend to contact the insurance, telling them tough your not a member of a body you have this and that qualification and would they accept your report.

Cheers Tel & Malc....... forgot about insurance companies and their love of the NIC / ECA.
They don't normally recognise NAPIT although I have a copy of all three schemes UKAS certs if anyone needs them to prove.

when i finish in june, doing 2391 at moment, do am2 in august, do periodic inspection of all family members houses then im advertising and when i earn enougb for a scheme il pay for it... so how does that sound to yioy, hope nopt cowboy supper

just cause im not in a scheme... ive held back on few jobs cause i didnt think i could handle them where i could of lied and probably scraped through, it does take time to know all this stuff fluently.... and thats the way i want to be..

As far as I have gathered, estate agents wouldn't bother with your PIR Certificate if you are not registered with one of the governing bodies.

Think he was just doing family and friends then going to register so could re do them if needed???

You could always setup up your own scheme.... A couple of guys near us have set up there own lol "together approved contractors" (OK I've changed the name) The LABC won't wear it but most of the local business seem to be taken in!!!

Thanks to all you guys for a quick reply
In other words , for comm/indus. no need to be reg. but for domestic you have to be reg. with one of those gov. bodies
Please, correct me if i'm wrong.
Another question, please:
I'm trying to upgrade from megger 1551 ,to one of new models, but i'm not sure whether to go for megger 1730 or
fluke 1664b. Any suggestion , please .

Warm regards and thanks in adv.

Last edited:
If operating in Northern Ireland why the need to be part of a scheme? Part P doesn't apply here. NICEIC Approved Contractor is pretty much the only thing worth signing up to (sorry to ECA, JIB who also operate here, but mean nothing like as much). Housing Exec grant work is about all you need NICEIC for in terms of domestic work here.

If operating in Northern Ireland why the need to be part of a scheme? Part P doesn't apply here. NICEIC Approved Contractor is pretty much the only thing worth signing up to (sorry to ECA, JIB who also operate here, but mean nothing like as much). Housing Exec grant work is about all you need NICEIC for in terms of domestic work here.

Sorry , meant to reply with quote. This is for i=p/u in response to post 12.

Reply to Pir certificate in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net