Pir orientation help | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Pir orientation help in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

stan22

DIY
Reaction score
I am mounting a PIR to junction box.Will it work ok in this orientation with adjustment buttons on bottom?Does it need rotated 180 degrees so buttons are on top?

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] Pir orientation help
    Screenshot_2023-09-02-15-27-36-54_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg
    406.7 KB · Views: 16
  • [ElectriciansForums.net] Pir orientation help
    Screenshot_2023-09-02-15-27-55-37_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 16
They are normally on the bottom what orientation do the instructions show.

They are normally on the bottom what orientation do the instructions show.
No instructions with item.Bought off eBay.Some pics show PIR attached directly to light with buttons showing on top.I can always rotate the pie but thought buttons would be better underneath.Thanks.

If the buttons are on top, then likely it will fill with water, perhaps?

If the buttons are on top, then likely it will fill with water, perhaps?

Probably sealed but yes bottom is what I'm after.The old self contained PIR light I have has the orientation this way so maybe bottom is correct.My issue was if I turned it would it be "sensing" upwards rather than down or does it sense in all directions?

Reply to Pir orientation help in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net