Pirate's Rant#4 no. 2 of 1 a day | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Pirate's Rant#4 no. 2 of 1 a day in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

pirate

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure whether to post here or in the Dan's Collection thread.
Anyway, it's not electrical, it's a rant about parking!
Why is it, when I go to a car park and select a quiet spot where I can park in the middle bay of 3 or 5 empty bays, folks come along and park right next to me when there's plenty of other spaces?
Why...just WHY???
I went to Tesco a while backl, just as it opened. There were 6 cars in the carpark which has about 250 spaces. I parked in a row of a dozen empty spaces and came out 10 minutes later to find a car parked right next to me. As we say in Scotland, it rips my knitting and busts my semmit!

Another time, I'd just returned to my car and was about to set off when a car pulled in next to my driver's side. The passenger shoved her door open wide, cos she was very fat and needed yards to get put, slamming her door against mine. I remonstrated with her and she flatly denied having dented my door. I pointed out the evidence, at which point her even fatter driver partner came over to me in a very threatening manner and told me to do something involving procreation and travel...

I could go on...but I won't!

Rant over...

Not sure whether to post here or in the Dan's Collection thread.
Anyway, it's not electrical, it's a rant about parking!
Why is it, when I go to a car park and select a quiet spot where I can park in the middle bay of 3 or 5 empty bays, folks come along and park right next to me when there's plenty of other spaces?
Why...just WHY???
I went to Tesco a while backl, just as it opened. There were 6 cars in the carpark which has about 250 spaces. I parked in a row of a dozen empty spaces and came out 10 minutes later to find a car parked right next to me. As we say in Scotland, it rips my knitting and busts my semmit!

Another time, I'd just returned to my car and was about to set off when a car pulled in next to my driver's side. The passenger shoved her door open wide, cos she was very fat and needed yards to get put, slamming her door against mine. I remonstrated with her and she flatly denied having dented my door. I pointed out the evidence, at which point her even fatter driver partner came over to me in a very threatening manner and told me to do something involving procreation and travel...

I could go on...but I won't!

Rant over...
They might think that parking next to another car reduces their car's chances of being broken into.
Or maybe you parked close to the entrance.

Also, why, when the car park is fairly empty do they park right behind the van so that you can't open your back doors?

my wife always drives straight into a space... so she can get in the boot with the shopping... and then insists on reversing out, rather than driving forward through an empty space.

A fair few years back I was working away and instead of going back to my digs I stopped at the motorway services to do some paperwork. I parked right over on the far side where nobody parked, a while later a car came in and parked right next to me I could not believe it I actually said it in Meldrew style.

Also, why, when the car park is fairly empty do they park right behind the van so that you can't open your back doors?
I do that to get my own back on the "backing into a carpark space brigade" who frequently annoy me by delaying me while they perform this manoeuvre.
Just drive into a space, without holding anyone up, and back out afterwards when it's all clear to do so, without inconveniencing anyone.

A fair few years back I was working away and instead of going back to my digs I stopped at the motorway services to do some paperwork. I parked right over on the far side where nobody parked, a while later a car came in and parked right next to me I could not believe it I actually said it in Meldrew style.

I always park as far from shops etc as possible. Generally this is the best way to stay clear of other vehicles and get in and out while people are still driving around trying to find a spot at the door. There is of course an exception to every rule.

I do that to get my own back on the "backing into a carpark space brigade" who frequently annoy me by delaying me while they perform this manoeuvre.
Just drive into a space, without holding anyone up, and back out afterwards when it's all clear to do so, without inconveniencing anyone.
You obviously don't drive a van. Reversing out of a space with limited visibility can be dangerous. At supermarkets I always look for a double length space so that I can go straight through to the far space and drive straight out when I leave. If I must use a single space I always reverse park, it's been drummed into me as at most power stations reverse parking is compulsory.

You need some silicon oil spray

Reply to Pirate's Rant#4 no. 2 of 1 a day in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net