Plasterboard Back boxes 1st fix or 2nd fix | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Plasterboard Back boxes 1st fix or 2nd fix in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all

We got an issue with a builder and plaster at the moment, and when the electrician should put the plasterboard back boxes in

was going to link these too!- not used them as yet though

ideal world- if the builder fits noggins- I like to use metal boxes - so at-least you have some kind of fixed point to 1st fix to (no floating coils of cable that can easily be forgot and boarded over

Why can't you fit noggins?

I've done exactly that on my current (massive) extension I'm working on. A few minutes work to fit a noggin, a laser level to set them on the same level and they won't budge....

1st fix and pack it with screwed up paper so the plastered doesn't fill it ( like mine does).

I've used the studboxes, useful in a couple of situations but generally I'm not keen on them.

Reply to Plasterboard Back boxes 1st fix or 2nd fix in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net