Plc help | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Plc help in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi im very interested in plcs. I would like to learn them but there is not much out there as far as collage courses. I work in maintenance and we have plcs at work usual have a guy in who sorts them out if ever needed he said to try get a starter kit have a play around with them a try to self learn a little. Im not planning on building any machines or do anything really its more as an interest at the moment as I know there is more to it than just making it work. hi have got 2 plc already in our work shop one is a Mitsubishi fx1 but I do not have a cable or software. The other is an old crouzet millennium 2 which I have download millennium 3 software which is suppose to be compatible and playing around with software at the moment but I need a cable for it to connect to my laptop but cant seem to find one. which one do you guys think is the best one to learn on and buying a cable for or is it just best to buy a complete kit to get me started. thanks

I did Plc programming at a college in Nottingham, blow it up.first day pointing out it had a lose wire. Didn't notice the guy next to me turned it on.
Any way, I did ladder logic very simple. But I did see.Lincoln college having some other plc courses on

Its been 20yr since I last programmed.a plc l, as normal dam traffic lights.program.
Always traffic lights or.dice

it varies some plc's like arduino based ones can be complicated but others can be really simple.

most have an easy to use gui to program them now so as long as you have the reference material it shouldn't be too hard to learn.

if you use Mitsubishi at work i would look on there website for kits to learn, a lot of manufacturer's freely distribute tools to work on there plc's and some can simulate a plc so you dont need the hardware to practise

I am from Wolverhampton and cant seem to find any local I know Siemens do 1 at Manchester but its £1000s to do and to far to go after I finish work. and I only want to have a play around first see if its something I want to go into before paying £1000s on and spending hours on which I know you will when getting in it properly

it varies some plc's like arduino based ones can be complicated but others can be really simple.

most have an easy to use gui to program them now so as long as you have the reference material it shouldn't be too hard to learn.

if you use Mitsubishi at work i would look on there website for kits to learn, a lot of manufacturer's freely distribute tools to work on there plc's and some can simulate a plc so you dont need the hardware to practise
We use Mitsubishi and Siemens s7. as I said I have a spare Mitsubishi fx series just need a cable and software really maybe that would be the best solution do you think the Mitsubishi is easy enough to learn with not naving much knowledge I can read electric drawing and I have knowledge on logic gates stuff like that. is there any special requirements my laptop should have certain ports or will most leads connect to a usb now also would it mater which windows im running for the software

Last edited:
I think you can get usb cable for the Mitsubishi fx plc
The programming looks ladder like so should be easy
The hard part is windows and.the software

Any way near midnight night night.

The software is compatible but not the lead.

You could ask direct here - Crouzet Tech-Talk

The cable manufacturers code is 88 950 102

TBH these have been obsolete for many years now so splashing out on a cable just because you have one in your collection is possibly a waste, might be simpler to forget and move on to a modern kit...

Siemens Logo is a good starter kit.
Schneider Zelio are also good (I use these alot) starter kit.

Last edited:
You could ask direct here - Crouzet Tech-Talk

The cable manufacturers code is 88 950 102

TBH these have been obsolete for many years now so splashing out on a cable just because you have one in your collection is possibly a waste, might be simpler to forget and move on to a modern kit...

Siemens Logo is a good starter kit.
Schneider Zelio are also good (I use these alot) starter kit.

Thats what im thinking as i have a mitsubishi plc but software for it is as expensive as a starter kit. Do you know if mitsubishi alpha 2 starter kit is any good as i can get a complete kit for around 200

Reply to Plc help in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net