PME supply to garage | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss PME supply to garage in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

mark80

-
Reaction score
Am i right in thinking that you cant take the earth from a TNC-S supply outside to a garage? The garage is about 25m away and is supplied in 10mm SWA. Im a bit confused on the matter.

Correct me if im wrong but i thought this would be the correct plan of action;
Connect the armour of the SWA to the earth terminal at the house consumer unit but dont connect the other end of the armourings to the garage CU. Then use an earth rod to earth the garage seperately so its a TT system?

What you are planning to do is fine although you can export a TNCS if there are no other services that require a main bond in the garage.

Reply to PME supply to garage in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Why would the RCD fail … yes it can happen but then it may not. Without it you have no protection on the TT System
Replies
Views
Sounds more positive.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks all. Very helpful to be able to bounce these things around. Was fairly happy with it all initially, but once the seed of doubt is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for that guys I was more thinking about difference in potential between the tub and wet paving flags . The tub is plastic . But it’s the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
What is the distance from the point outside the house to the shed?
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks