poor eyesighted ghost in the house.............................. | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss poor eyesighted ghost in the house.............................. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

TINKA

Has anybody came across a problem like this:
Got a callout to old couple who were saying every time they switch the bathroom cabinet light on the bedroom lamp turns on !!
When i arrived I tried the cabinet light and was ushered in to bedroom to discover light was on. It was one of those touch sensor lights which was plugged into the right hand side wall socket, the left hand matching touch lamp was not on.

1st I swapped the lamps over and tried cabinet light, the right hand light lit up again.

Both socket circuit and lighting circuit separate and no borrowed neutral

An ideas ?????

You know those bottle openers that play a tune when applied to a bottle top? I was at a friends house once and he showed me what happens every time they turn on the pelmet lights in the kitchen (LEDs iirc), Yup, the bottle opener in the draw would ring. Interference, but they weren't fussed, so we left it alone.

Just thought I'd share.

Slightly different interference topic..........
We have wireless doorbells that allow you to record your own message.
I recorded "You have a back door visitor".
Trouble it was cheap and got triggered on extraneous signals.
Frightened the missus when she was home alone.

100% sure
socket circuit separate from light

If this is on the adjacent wall to the cabinet , then I would find what circuit supplies this socket and if its a separate circuit to the lighting , then it can only be interference from the cabinet ballast , the only way to confirm this is to isolate the supply to the ballast/lamps etc also it the cabinet has a shaver transformer built in this could affect the lamp too....

If this is on the adjacent wall to the cabinet , then I would find what circuit supplies this socket and if its a separate circuit to the lighting , then it can only be interference from the cabinet ballast , the only way to confirm this is to isolate the supply to the ballast/lamps etc also it the cabinet has a shaver transformer built in this could affect the lamp too....

yes I disconnected ring to bedroom sockets completely at DB and cabinet light still working as normal.
so no kids harmed or borrowed cables were used in this experiment.:)

You know those bottle openers that play a tune when applied to a bottle top? I was at a friends house once and he showed me what happens every time they turn on the pelmet lights in the kitchen (LEDs iirc), Yup, the bottle opener in the draw would ring. Interference, but they weren't fussed, so we left it alone.

Just thought I'd share.

This what happens when things get overcomplicated innit.

What idiot decided to make a bottleopener that plays a tune???

Did u disconnect cables out at cabinet connections only...leave both suplies powered on as normal...see if problem solves solves ...ie the lamp doesnt turn on now...if it does open the window...you know the rest

Reply to poor eyesighted ghost in the house.............................. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Recommended Sponsor News

Quickwire Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net

I am sure you will join me in welcoming our newest sponsors of ElectriciansForums.net - Quickwire! They have decided to join us after seeing you guys discussing their products here. Now we have an expert on board that you can chat to @Quickwire-Sam who will be happy to answer your queries!

[ElectriciansForums.net] Quickwire Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net

@Quickwire-Sam said "At Quickwire, we're all about speed, safety, and reliability. We're a family-run business, and every Quickwire connector is proudly made right here in the UK, ensuring noticeable quality. In short, Quickwire is the fastest connection method on the market. Whether you're an experienced electrician or a DIY enthusiast, Quickwire makes electrical connections ridiculously quick and easy. We're passionate about blending British craftsmanship with innovation. If you have any questions or if there's any way we can help, please just ask me!"

Exclusive Forum Offer! Free euro 2024 wall chart for first 10 responses!

Hi everyone,

We have 10 exclusive Uheat EURO 2024 Wallcharts to giveaway for Electricians Forum Members! The first 10 people to reply YES to this thread - I will message and get them sent out to you just in time for this years tournament! GO GO GO

PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

I hope you will all join me in welcoming our newest sponsor to the forum PCBWay! You can contact their friendly people by sending a message to @PCBWay who will be happy to answer your queries.

Welcome to the community and thanks for your sponsorship!

[ElectriciansForums.net] PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

PCBWay provides services including PCB Prototype and batch Production, PCB Assembly (SMT), 3D Printing, CNC Machining, PCB Design, Electronics Modules Selling, etc. We are committed to meeting the needs of global makers from different industries in terms of quality, delivery, cost-effectiveness, and any other demanding requests in electronics.

[ElectriciansForums.net] PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back