Post office not delivering | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Post office not delivering in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

steve Leese

Serious problems, the post office in Glasgow did not deliver any mail on friday to Scottish power due to the weather,Scottish power have a blocking order with the post office not to deliver at the weekends as the offices are usualy empty. But if you are like us and desperate to get the customers forms in, there is a 24 hour manned desk at scottish power and the guard will take your forms. (so we have been told) so one of the directors is taking forms up there himself which is a 650 round trip from Wales. The post office tracking service have said they have had dozens of calls this morning with same problem.

Hope this might help.

well sort of same topic but my installer sent mine on Monday by recorded mail to Exeter from Durham and its been a no show.It could be a £20,000 to £30,000 letter so its arrived by email thank goodness.Nice woman at EDF confirmed this afternoon.Thank you Royal Mail.

A quick update, Mark one of our directors has arrived at Scottish power head quarters and had the fits applications excepted, they are excepting applications right up to 11 59 pm snday night, they won't give you receipt but you are being logged on CCTV. Quite a few people have left apps, so we can breath again and we have full filled all our promises to our customers. It was worth going the extra mile or 650 as the case may be

A missed opportunity for one our Scottish there methinks. Must be someone on this forum who could have had them emailed to them and then hand delivered for a lot less than several hundred mile round trip.

after all the hard work of my installer,who i have criticised maybe unfairly and the hard work of EDF or other suppliers it can come down to a totally unreliable post office system.Thank god for email.Myself personally wont be trusting the PO again in the future and if it wasnt for a 700 mile round trip i would have took it myself.

I sent my FIT to Scottish Power by "Special Delivery" a couple of weeks ago. Still marked as 'out for delivery', so no signature. Would be worried if SP hadn't e-mailed to confirm receipt. Complaint to Royal Mail brought reply that SP receive tons of Special Delivery mail and they collect it from the sorting office themselves.

Don't know what the Post Office in Glasgow are talking about if they say that they weren't delivering to SP due to the weather, as it seems they don't normally do it anyway, at least for Special Delivery, which no doubt a lot of FIT applicants will have used.

I feel physically sick after reading this. We have a customer who sent their application off on Thursday via special delivery. I have just checked the website and it says this item has been held for delivery on Monday.

So what happens now, who is to blame. Can you sue Royal Mail for not delivering within their timeline which should have been before 1pm the following day?

Standard SD compensation iirc is up to £500, for the value of the item plus your money back. What they needed to pay for was Consequential Loss with SD, which for around £25 gives you up to £10K. Still not enough for a PV installation which is why you had to be willing to get in a car and drive if it was not showing on the website as delivered. It will be an expensive lesson if they have missed the boat.

I paid for £10,000 cosequential loss & Special Delivery on Thursday but after Royal Mail cock up decided to do 400 mile round trip. I really do hope the Security Guard gave mine in. I asked him for a receipt but he said 5 CCTV's was sufficient - I hope so or I too shall be seeing a solicitor soon!

I hear what you are saying, I mean If I had known that his form was not delivered on the Friday as it should have been then I would have drove to Glasgow for the customer no problem. I think he just took it that he had a tracking number it would be fine until of course he checked it this morning. He spoke with Royal mail who said they have a retention agreement with SP and that they do not deliver mail at the weekend. So surely if this is true Mondays mail should be classed as Saturdays mail.
Customer would not have known to insure his letter for extra and even that would not make up for the loss he will make over the liftetime of system.
Surely Royal Mail have to take responsibility for this as it was supposed to be delivered on the Friday.

Royal Mail may well take responsibility and give him his money back. But they will argue that is all they have to do under their terms

The only avenue open is to ask the FIT supplier to treat it as delivered on Saturday. They might be willing to. A faint chance only I suspect.

I really feel for anyone that has missed out on the 43p deal BUT I don't think that it's the installers responsibility to make sure the fit application has been received by the utility. We've always sent our customers' applications off for them as part of our service but we decided that the stakes were too high with the 6 week deadline. We bent over backwards to get the panels etc, get the installations completed by Wed (we'd have liked it earlier but the weather beat us) and we kept our customers fully updated on the situation with their particular utility but that is as far as our responsibility goes.

JMT you can't be held responsible for your customer not checking the letter was delivered - it's their responsibility, you've done your bit.

I hand delivered mine 6 weeks ago. I wasn't taking any risks even with that breathing space. My installer offered to send it off but I said I'll take care of it myself.
To trust royal mail with zero leeway for late delivery was real crazy.
The customer is to blame on this one. With £20k or so riding on it, bonkers!

I would say helping the customer to complete the application form is all we as customers can ask and expect off installers.
Getting the completed form into the fit supplier is the customers responsibility.

Maybe the fit provider may sort it out?? Hopefully.

mailto:[email protected]

After trying to find an email address this was the email address which i eventually got from them after 4 days for emailing completed forms!
However my customer posted theirs tuesday and phoned them Friday morning to make sure it was received.

Not open for post Saturdays! Need to get a bigger post box.

mailto:[email protected]

After trying to find an email address this was the email address which i eventually got from them after 4 days for emailing completed forms!
However my customer posted theirs tuesday and phoned them Friday morning to make sure it was received.

Not open for post Saturdays! Need to get a bigger post box.

I received an email from there this morning stating that my email application would not be processed. Good job i drove!

Sorry about the last post, Scottish power flatly refused to take any e-mails, when asked why the lady said it's because they don't won't to employ extra staff, and it's not there deadline any wa,!

JMT to be honest it was down to your customer for taking such a reckless decision !
It is no secret the post office is now a joke , and to take a risk like that does not lead me to give much sympathy .
Sorry but !
As from the day after the announcement we either made sure our clients hand delivered the application their selfs or insisted we took it if not !
Admittedly we used e-on as the fit provider of choice which is only in Bedfordshire , apart from the last ones which were for British Gas up in Manchester after e-on stopped taking non customers !
Even that was well worth the piece of mind , despite us shutting the solar side down a good two and a half weeks before the deadline , i would not take the risk or let the client unwittingly do it either .
Don't get me wrong i am not saying it is your fault , far from it ! It was your clients money at risk and they should have gone that bit further to look after it .

Slightly of subject now - but after the numerous threatening emails from real demanding i fill out the questionnaire (or be thrown out the club) on if we insured the deposits we did not take anyway !
I can't remember them offering to do such a service as we did !!!!

Reply to Post office not delivering in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net