Power-One PVI-Wireless Module | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Power-One PVI-Wireless Module in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nsa100

I have recently had Aurora Power-One PVI-3600 Inverter installed. I saw that thee Wireless module had 2 flashing LED when installed.

They also supplied a PVI-Desktop Monitor, but when we try scanning for the inverter it does not find it, and after 2 mins of scanning it says scan error.

It will not connect even with the monitor in close proximity to the inverter.

We have tried powering down both the inverter and monitor.

We tried pressing the small reset button on the wireless monitor

Any ideas.

I suspect they didn't install the wireless piggy back unit in the inverter, which doesn't come as standard with aurora.

Is it indoor or outdoor?

If its indoor it doesnt require an extension lead and the antenna screws directly into the antenna socket underneath.
This plugs into port 2 and should have a flashing green light on the circuit board inside. If you have 2 flashing orange lights it sounds like the card was installed when the inverter was already on and it may have blown the inputs on the module but more worringly it may have permanenetly damaged the inverter inputs.

You may get away with replacing the module but you may have to replace the inverter if you wish to continue using the remote monitoring.

I spoke to Power One last week about exactly the same problem and what you have read is what i was told.

Sorry if that pis**s on your parade bud.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Power-One PVI-Wireless Module in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net